Any Sahm's Use a Cleaning Service?

I've been meaning to ask this for awhile but a previous post about feeling like nothing gets done and a poster suggesting a house cleaner , reminded me. Years ago, when I only had 2 children & worked P/T , we had a cleaning service come every 2 wks. I started feeling really guilty about it & quit the service, even though they were great. Now, I'm a F/T SAHM & I'm feeling overwhelmed, at times. My oldest son has special needs & takes up a lot of time & has lots of medical needs, my middle son is starting to get into more extra curriculars, & youngest has delays & has therapies. So, do any of you SAHM have cleaning service & do you feel guilty about it? Also, do you admit to your friends & family ? I would like to add that if your're a working mom & want to answer , go for it. I can tell you though , if I worked , I would definitely have a someone clean for me. I don't know how you all do it.

We can afford it, I guess I'm just kinda cheap & feel that if I can do it for free, why pay someone. My husband is all for it, also. He wrks 60 + hrs a week & it' s the last thing he wants to do when he's home on the weekends. Thanks, everyone. I'm feeling , less guilty. ;)

Its nobody's business,
You don't have to tell anyone.
Its private.
You have a special needs child and other kids.
That is busy.
Do what you you need to do and if you can afford it, why not.

Yes, I have one. I feel a tad guilty but not really. I love knowing that the house gets top to bottom cleaned all at the same time. When I do it myself it is so piecemeal that it never really feels all clean. And I am just not that thorough with it either.

I do get some flack from people but I really don't care. Its not like we cannot afford it and its a hardship. Don't worry what other people think.

SAHM's have a harder job than working moms by far. Us working mother's at least get a break from the house and the kids, not that it is a good thing, but everyone needs some kind of adult time. DO NOT feel guilty if getting one works for you If I could stomach paying someone to do it, I would!!

Its nobody's business,
You don't have to tell anyone.
Its private.
That is busy.

Why would you EVER feel the need to explain something like this to anyone??? If you can afford it, DO IT! I think you deserve it...hummmm, what do you think?? :) If anyone asks or finds out, (it is none of their business!), and they do not see for themselves all that you have on your plate, well, just ignore and switch the conversation to something else...like if they work (and actually get time to breath and MAKE money while away from home, or if they have a sitter come over EVER so they have time to themselves). Don't you ever feel guilty about something that can make your life easier...it is the silly people who refuse help!!

Who cares if you NEED one or can justify WHY you have one...... if you want one and you can afford it.... then do it and don't feel guilty.

You know why I have someone else change the oil in my car? Because I DON'T WANT TO DO IT MYSELF and I have budgeted that into my expenses.

Could I? Sure. I could learn. Are there people who (*gasp*) change their own oil? Sure. Are there people who could but (*gasp*) fritter away money at the Penzoil store letting someone else do it while they leisurely read a magazine in the waiting room? Yep. Do I care? NOPE.

Same thing with the house. It doesn't matter if you are a stay at home mom, work at home mom, work outside the home, single mom, dual-income working parents with a full time nanny, 1 kid, 19 kids (actually, I don't think the Duggers have a cleaning service....lol).....

If you can and it works for your family then you should.

Think of it this way. The 3 or 4 hours it takes the cleaning service to clean your house are 3 or 4 hours you can spend time with your kids, kiss your hubby, take a shower, play music, exercise, cook - whatever else you want to do for your and your family.

Just my $0.02

Goodness. If I *could*, I would.

Seriously. Do it. Leave a good tip. Don't feel guilty.

Absolutely, every time we can afford it.

The best part is that the whole house gets cleaned at once, instead of in fits and spurts like when I do it.

No, I do not feel guilty at all, so long as I have it in my budget.

I totally want one and when we can afford, I am getting one! Twice a month hardly seems extravagant to me and of course with special needs in the home, you should be the last person to think it frivolous! I am always scrambling to keep up with two little ones and one on the way, and I really want one and would feel blessed and not ashamed at all!!! I have a friend who is pretty well off, has no kids and has someone everyday, I think that would be GREAT! Go for it :D

1 / 3