Any Ideas for a "Breakfast" Birthday Party? Donut Cake Ideas?

My son really wants his 6th birthday party to take place at the park. The challenge is that his birthday is next month, and an outdoor party in July will be hot! My idea is to throw him a "breakfast birthday party" that starts at 9:00 am so we can beat the heat. If you have ever thrown a morning birthday party or attended one and can share some ideas as far as what breakfast snacks were served I would really appreciate the input. Specifically, I'm trying to figure out how I create a birthday cake out of donuts. Does anyone know of a bakery that will do this for me? Thanks so much!

I have made this "pizza" for my girls & now they make it for their girls~
It is so easy & so good! It all started when my youngest had a b'day party
and we served it...

Breakfast Pizza

2 – 8 oz. crescent rolls
1 lb. sausage (brown, crumble, drain)
1 C. frozen shredded hash browns
1 ½ C. grated cheddar cheese
7 eggs
¼ C. milk
½ t. salt
parmesan cheese

Beat eggs, milk and salt.

Layer in a pizza pan*:
Rolls (points in & leave an edge to roll)
Sausage
Hash Browns
Cheese
Eggs
Parmesan Cheese - sprinkle on top

Bake at 350 degrees for 20 – 30 minutes. Serve with salsa!

* I use the foil disposable pizza pan because it has a higher side.

Occasional Creations in Old Town Keller has done donut cakes before using Krispy Kreme donuts. ###-###-####. Or Hot n Creamy donuts in Trophy Club will make a huge donut for you to use as a cake. hope this helps.

We had a 10am birthday party for my son's first birthday last year. For food we had pigs in a blanket, fresh fruit, and french toast sticks. We just had juice and water to drink. Everyone loved it, and the little kids were home in time to take a nap, and my husband, my son and I were free to enjoy the rest of the day together, stress free.

I've never made a donut cake, although that's a great idea. I have gotten creative with the cinnamon rolls in the can, and arranged them to make a cake that you just pull apart. I've put them in a circle to make a sort of kings cake for Mardi Gras, but I bet you could do it in a birthday type cake too. You've gotten some good ideas for dunut cakes to though.

I think people would appreciate having it in the morning like that because then they still have the rest of their day to do what they need. I like the idea of muffins, fruit, croissants. You have received some good ideas for your donut cake. Have fun.

I know that Krispie Kreme used to have "patterns" for stacking donuts into wedding cakes. You might ask them. Also, Coyote Park in Plano is nicely shaded on the playground. You might want to check that out, too!
Have fun!
A.

Great Idea! Friends of mine always have a Birthday Brunch for their brood at the park--they serve fruit salad, coffee cake, some cheesy potato dish, etc. with juice and coffee. Everyone really loves it!

Krispy Kreme has you covered, too. They already make a stacked donut birthday "cake". Just call them--you know it will be a hit!

Oh, and my friends are always sure to hire a fabulous face painter. ;) They throw such an inexpensive, elegant, fun, relaxed bash!

~A.
SnazzyFaces.info

and we served it...

Breakfast Pizza

2 – 8 oz. crescent rolls
1 lb. sausage (brown, crumble, drain)
1 C. frozen shredded hash browns
1 ½ C. grated cheddar cheese
7 eggs
¼ C. milk
½ t. salt
parmesan cheese

Beat eggs, milk and salt.

Layer in a pizza pan*:
Sausage
Hash Browns
Cheese
Eggs
Parmesan Cheese - sprinkle on top

you could hold the donuts together with toothpicks or frosting. as for other foods, egg casseroles, muffins, fruit salad, croissants, and such would go over real well!

I love the idea of a breakfast party in July! (and cooling off at 6pm is 95 degrees, instead of 100... not so cool) Depending on the size of the group, you might offer to pick up the kids at home and drop them off afterwards.

Sounds like you have a lot of great donut cake ideas (keep in mind, you can always use donut holes instead of whole donuts as well). A Rice Crispy Treat cake is an option as well.

Here are a few ideas for other breakfast foods...
pigs in the blanket (tiny sausages wrapped in bisquit dough or pancakes).
Lots of fruit (watermelon and grapes are great ourdoors)
Breakfast sandwiches (buscuit with sausage or bacon, and cheese - make some with eggs, some without - kids can be picky).
You can also make it very simple, and have big boxes of fun cereals, and a gallon of milk - kids would have lots of fun with that, and at the park, you don't have to worry about a mess :)

Other party ideas include:
Invitations that look like a stack of pancakes or a fried egg.
Have kids show up in PJs.
Game: use plastic easter eggs to put treats in and make a "hunt" at the park.

Good luck! Sounds like a lot of fun.

We made a tower out of donuts for a party once and you do it yourself. Make a large ring of donuts about 13 inches across, then a second layer ring gets smaller, then a third, and so on until the top is only one donut. Then we put a donut hole in the middle holding the candles and it was fun.
A recipe my grandchildren love is :
Cheesy Ham Puffs
3-4 rolls of crescent dinner rolls
1 stick butter softened
8oz. package of cream cheese
diced ham or chicken , 1 cup
2-3 Tabl. chopped fresh parsley (may be omitted)
Cream all of it together and put about 1 rounded teaspoolful in the middle of a roll and roll up sealing edges very well. Bake like the directions on the dinner roll and they are delishous warm or cool. Enjoy!
Also fresh fruit is great and kids love eating cereal with milk right inside the little individual boxes. They open on the side and you pour in the milk and give a plastic spoon. Serve with juice, fruit and the ham puffs then donuts and you have a great breakfast!
Brandi Dibler is a facepainter and loves to do childrens parties. She is very reasonable and lives in Arlington. She is on Mammasourse.

1 / 3