Any Hopeful Advice Would Be Appreciated!

I am hoping that someone can offer me a glimmer of hope. I am not sure how far along I am cause I dont know when my last period was. I found out I was pregnant the day before Thanksgiving and that is all I have to go off of. I had some spotting so I have had my hcg levels checked 3 times...each time the numbers did increase. Today I had them taken again and I should get the results this week. I went in for an ultra sound today and they couldn't even find a gestational sac. Has anyone else had this? I have not had any cramping or discomfort but that may still come if this is a tubal pregnancy. If any of you have had a similar story, please share! In the mean time I must wait for my doctors appointment on Jan 7th...Hard to enjoy the holidays when I have this all consuming fear looming over me. Thanks!

lost the baby. Thanks for all your advice!

E.,

When I was pregnant with my second I had an ultrasound around 8 weeks along. All they could see was an empty gestational sac and they told me he was a blighted ovum and I'd miscarry. A week later when I went back and my hormone levels hadn't dropped they did another ultrasound and there was a baby in there. He's 3 now. Turns out I have a tilted uterus and they couldn't see nearly as much as they thought they could see until I got far enough along for my uterus to straighten up. Good luck to you. I know there is nothing harder than waiting and wondering.

in the meantime you can go see homeopath. if your body wants to keep up with pregnancy, the remedy will help it along.
V.

Hang in there and I am hoping for you. Let us know how it goes.

Here is a bit of hope: occasionally, when the pregnancy is very early, nothing shows, not even on blood tests. It happened to me: It took 2 blood tests, 3 weeks apart, to show I was pregnant b/c regular tests were not doing the job and I was even spotting. I hope the age factor is on your side. Think positive but be ready to accept what life brings to you!

All I can say is what will be ... will be. Our bodies are so intricately designed... and every soul that is brought to this planet has a plan already set out for it. We don't know what the plan is for us or for anyone else. Please just try to relax (easier said than done I know) and enjoy your holidays. Your little one is counting on your to not stress and to let your body do what it was meant to do!

Good luck on the 7th and I will keep you in my thoughts :)

Hey E.,
I have had spotting off and on throughout my entire pregnancy. I was put on modified bed-rest when it started, and once it stopped, I was given permission to gradually increase my activity. I am now 36 weeks along, and our little guy shows no sign of coming any time soon.
Also, in my desire to take care of my pregnant body I read tons of books on pregnancy and I read them from cover to cover. Had I to do it over again, I probably would not have read them. Unfortunately, I showed all the symptoms of miscarriage, and so every time I spotted, I would become severely depressed about losing our baby. If you read anything, I would suggest reading "Your Pregnancy Week by Week" which gives you the basic info you need, but not too much.
Hope this offers you some hope and encouragement.

If there is legitimate concern that this is a tubal pregnancy, you need to demand an ultrasound now. And...quite honestly, even if you are worried it was a miscarriage, someone needs to see you now and tell you rather than make you wait 2 1/2 weeks...that is so not ok.

Call you doctor and tell them what you need. If they can't accommodate you, it's time to find a new OB. No one should make you wait nearly three weeks to know if your baby is alive or not.

-M

I have a friend who is now maybe 2 and a half months along, and she thought she was pregnant but kept coming up with negative pregnancy tests, had an ultrasound which showed nothing (they were sure it wasn't tubal), and even had something come out (which she thought was a miscarriage). Her baby was hiding in there somewhere, because she is definitely pregnant (it did take several weeks for the doctor to confirm it for her).

1 / 3