Any Experience with Getting a C-section & Tubes Tied at Same Time

I am currently expecting my 2nd child in September. We are so thrilled about this baby and currently have a wonderful 2 year old that is the light of our lives. The birth of this child will complete our family and I am most likely going to have a C-Section since my first child was delivered by C-Section also. So, I was thinking I would like to have my tubes tied while they "are in there anyway." I would like to hear from anyone else out there that had this done and has any comments or advice.

Thank you all for your words of advice. I am positive that this baby will complete our family and I am also 37 and feel that I would not want to have a 3rd child at 39 or 40. Nothing against those that do have children at that age but for me with 2 and a complete family circle, I know I would not want another pregnancy. THank you all so very much as my concern was more about longer healing times etc. versus being unsure about more children. I feel confident now that my recovery will not be longer or more painful by adding the tubal to my c-section. So thank yoU!!

Hello M.,

I had my second child in October last year. I also had to have a c-section since I had to have one on my 1st child I had in June 2008. I did have my tubes tied due to I think I am done having kids. Everything went very well and I healed pretty fast. The onky thing a did struggle with was baby blues.

I had my third child via my third c-section and finally had my tubes tied. Because you're healing from the c-section anyway it's the best thing...but, I felt that my healing time was a little longer and I was very "tight" on the inside due to the tubes being tugged and tied. Other than that it was back to work as usual. Good luck!

I had this done in December 2004 and got pregnant in October 2006. I was 38 at the time and my husband was 43. Shocking to say the least. If you decide to do this, make sure they cut and burn the tubes. I had the clamps and when they went in for my 3rd c-section, they said the clamps were still there. They could not find a reason that I had become pregnant.
Good Luck with whatever decision you make.

I had a 2nd C-section and the had a tubal ligigation also; after the surgery it was very painful for me to walk and get around had to spend weeks and weeks recuperating. I was very thin at the time ; I weighed less that 110 pounds and that could have been a contributing factor. My baby was more sleepy that my 1st baby was had to get used to sucking my breast and a bottlr slowly. My periods back then became much lighter.

It was apositive experience just to have a bouncing baby boy!!

I did. Tell the doc you want it done. It is easier to do both st once

As long as you are positive that you don't want anymore children, it's the best time to have them tied. My doctor suggested I get my tubes tied after my 3rd c-section but I was afraid to do it in case I'd change my mind later on. It's a personal decision, but if you know you are having a c-section, it's the best time to do it.

Hi! I am 49(my oldest is now 24 and twins are 22) and have had 2 C-sections and tubes tied after my 2nd C-section (twins). Since you have had the C-section you know what to expect. Getting your tubes tied is a piece of cake! Just a little cramping and you will be fine. I have no regrets! And dont think you will either. Good decision!

I had this done with my second child back in 1991, and found it an easy and efficient way to handle things. It made no difference as far as recovery time or anything, and it was successful!

I had my second child last August, and I did have a C-section and had my tubes tied. I must admit the recovery for me, was a little worse than my first c-section, I would say it took me a good 6-8 weeks to feel a little better, but I am glad I did both at the same time. Also, I am 42 years old, so that may be why the recovery was a little harder. I would recommend that you go buy a girdle, it helped me alot with the recovery. Best of luck to you.
S..

1 / 3