Any Advice on Treating a Stye That Will Not Go Away??

My 3 year old son has had a Stye for over 3 months. We have tried Drops, ointments, warm compress...nothing is working. We saw an Opthamologist and she is recommending surgery. I really want to avoid this. Any suggestions or advice??

I had hundreds of styes when I was a little girl. We tried every remedy the doctors suggested and every home remedy. UNTIL...........one woman told us to gently rub castor oil on the stye. We started doing that, and the styes went away. If I had what looked like the beginnings of a stye, I applied a little castor oil to the spot, and the stye never appeared. Many years later, I woke up one morning with a stye, immediately applied castor oil, and the stye disappeared within an hour.

I can't guarantee that this will work for your son, but it is certainly worth a try. It ended my styes, and I am very grateful!!!!!!!!! Good luck.

This webpage is loaded with tons of natural remedies to clear up a stye.

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/sty.html

Hope something works.

When my duaghter was about 3 she also had a sty that lasted forever, about 6 or 7 months! It was rather a big one to. We saw her regular doctor, then a dermatologist, who took a biopsy, and an eye doctor. The eye doctor said it wasn't any thing to worry about.The biopsy didn't cause any alarm, and so, our dermatologist just kept an eye on it with visits to him every other month, and it finaly went away on its own!
Oh! Nothing worked for her either, creams, warm compress....

boric acid- the same stuff used in boraxo laundry detg. as an eye wash with water
or tea tree oil and macadamia nut oil mixed in equal parts together.

Not sure if this will help, but when my daughter had one, her dr. said to lay off the milk/dairy. Maybe if your son has a lot of dairy you could go easy on it for a while and see if it goes away.
Best of luck.

We used to use a boric acid wash. Try searching "stye boric acid" on the internet and I'm sure you'll find some info.

Put anti-bacterial ointment on his eye before he goes to bed, right on the stye. He will be asleep, so he won't rub it, and it does not sting.

I recently had a stye. After one day of the ointment it was almost gone, day 2 only a red spot, day 3 completely gone. I just got the ointment out of the medicine cabinet at work, but any anti-bacterial oinment should do.

Best wishes.

I have seen the gold ring trick work too. Rub the ring on your palm until it gets quite warm and then press it on the sty. Repeat this several times. I know it sounds crazy and I don't know why or how it works, but I've seen it myself.

Besides, it's free and it's safer than surgery...

1 / 3