Any Advice on How to Get Rid of Spiders/bugs Without Using Poisons?

i have found so many little dark brown ( hopefully not black) spiders around the inside of my house and don't know what to use to get rid of the spiders/bugs without using poisons. i have a 6 week old baby and two cats and refuse to subject them to pesticides, but i also want to keep them safe. any suggestions?
thanks so much ladies!!!

I use a Pest Control company called "All Safe Pest Control." I have 2 cats and feel exactly the same way about chemicals. They don't spray inside. Instead, they use several barriers of pest granules around the outside of the house. Very rarely do I see spiders or bugs. When I do, we have a contract, so I just call them. They come out for free and quarterly. I have found them to be slightly less or competitive to other services. Their number is ###-###-####. We have been using them for 4 years and are very pleased.

We use a clear liquid called bug stop. You can find this at walmart.Its very cheap and works great. It is also kid and animal friendly. i been using this product for 4 years and not a problem for any of my 3 children.

409 works on small spiders. I used to find them in the corners of the walls & on the baseboards when I lived in apts. I have 2 cats so I didn't like to use pesticides. My mom has a home remedy book & they listed 409 as a good pesticide for spiders, etc. It works.

Howard Garrett the dirt doctor www.dirtdoctor.com
can really help you. He also has a radio talk show and gives all kind of helpful tips on how to make garlic sprays pepper sprays and how to do everyhing organically.
Hope you get rid of your pest.

There are several products on the market. You can do a google search for Organic or Natural Pesticides. There is a product that you can purchase from Tom Thumb that comes in a white and Green can... I can't remember the name right now, but it is essential oil based. Leaves a pleasant smell (not chemical) and kills spiders, wasps, and ants, instantly (well within a few mins).

Other choices are: Orange oil mixed according to the instruction in a spray bottle with water. Diatomacious Earth (a powder that acts like cut glass to bugs that crawl across it). You sprinkle this around the outside perimeter of your house. However you must reapply after rain. Cinnamon is supposed to work for ants (sprinkle around the area where you see them coming in).

Do a search on the INTERNET and you will find a bunch more.

SAHM mom of three: 19,18,and 5
I am also a home baker and crafter. Married for almost 12 years to the same wonderful man.

You could try sulfur. I don't know how or if it affects cats, but could ask. You can get it at gardening centers. Mainly at organic ones. If you live in or around North Richland Hills you can get it at Green Mama's. My parents used it to get rid of bugs in their house at their farm. Good luck.

i think you can sprinkle boric acid OUTSIDE, away from the baby, on your window sills. that may help. i'm like you and only resort to chemical warfare when desperate. i also recently read on the internet that sprinkling used coffee grounds around the foundation of your house could help. I don't know, but if you are a coffee drinker seems like it couldn't hurt.

I understand your concern. You might want to call a pest control, I would be careful about "brown" spiders, "Brown Recluse Spiders" are very dangerous. I would go ahead and get that "indoor-outdoor" spray. If you want to just go around your house on the outside to maybe prevent them from getting in. I think you should spray the inside, especially where you are seeing most of them. I moved into a house that had really bad insect problem, and the company that came out, the guy was talking to my husband, and said that the over the counter stuff at Walmart and places, are very close to the same that they use. Also, the poisons in it, are so diluted it probably won't hurt your baby or cats. I would do one room at a time. Block it off from the cats and don't go in it for 24 hours. Now, for main areas, lock your cats up for a few hours in a room and take the baby out of the house, go shopping or something.
Good luck, and be very careful about brown spiders...

I don't have a suggestion on how to get rid of them yourself. But if you don't mind calling a pest control company, I would suggest Godfrey Pest Control, Inc.

I have 2 cats, and 2 kids (2 1/2 yrs and 6 weeks) and I don't worry about it at all. Their spray is not harmful to pets or kids (yes, I asked about this). I believe it's a chrsyanthemum based formula. I haven't had any bug problems since they have been spraying the house. It is a family owned business and the folks are great.

You can reach them at: ###-###-####.

Try sticky traps (glue boards). The little bugs get stuck and the spiders go after them and get stuck.

1 / 3