Any Advice for Cleaning Baby Dolls?

I know this might sound strange but I was wondering if anyone had any great tips for cleaning baby dolls. My 2 year old insists on carrying hers everywhere, without their clothes on. Im sure you can guess how they're looking now! Anyways, the tag says they can be surfaced cleaned with water and air dryed, but I was wondering if anyone has found any other ways to clean. Thanks for your help!

I have a daughter who got a Madame Alexander doll and drew on the face with pen. I washed it as well as I could with soap and water. Then I left it out in the sun for several days. This bleached the stains out. They still show a little bit, but it is much better than it was. Try that and see if it works. Another daughter got a stuffed bunny with a music box inside. After a while it got dirty and smelly. I wondered for a long time what to do with it. I finally picked the stitching took out the music box, put in a little stuffing and sewed it back up. That worked really well. Now when it gets dirty, I just throw it in the laundry with everything else. Good luck P.

I put practically all of my daughter's toys (including stuffed animals and dolls) in the washing machine. It's fast and easy! Put them in a lingerie bag to keep them extra safe...

I suggest typing that into google. I would assume you'll find tons of ideas. Good luck!

I finally decided to try to wash my dd's baby doll- it s a hard head/hands/feet with a soft body- clothes don't come off, and a MUSIC box or something- it winds up in the front on the belly, and that also doesn't come off.

Well, it has been dirty for a while, but when her twin brother dumped dirt on t outside, I threw it in the washer! Didn't put it in the dryer, but it came out FINE- even still played it's music! And so nice and clean! Like brand new!

I have tossed several in the washer that are palstic head types. Yarn hair will get 'nappy" Braid the hair. Put in laundry bag. Wash on habdwash cycle (front loader best). air dry. Un braid hair to dry if you don't want it 'kinked' but don't brush until dry.

Otherwise, get at it with a terry towel and a bit of soap and cold water. the plastic you can wsh sort of with those magic erasers.

I am sort of a wsh everything gal, and if it gets nappy toss it...there always seems to be other dols to replace it with.

My older daughter has dolls and stuffed animals that all say to surface clean. However, my 9 month old daughter has spent the last 9 months spitting up on everything (including my older daughter's dolls and animals). I have always run them through our washer on the "Hand wash" or "Delicate" cycle, then either let them air dry, or put them in the dryer on the rack that came with it (basically a quicker air dry). We have newer, High Efficiency set (not front loading washer) and I have never had any problems with the dolls heads getting scuffed, or the stuffed animals or softer, stuffed doll parts getting ripped or damaged. Good luck. If the dolls are terribly dirty, try pre-treating them with some kind of laundry pre-treatment solution. If your washer has a light or no spin cycle setting, it would be fine for the dolls.

My daughters were both the same way and the tags also said surface wash, but they were just too dirty! I found that if I put them in a pillow case and tied the top into a knot I could wash them in the washing machine and then let them air dry.

We have the fisher price little mommy doll and I just put it in the washer and it works fine. The body is cloth and the arms, legs, and head are plastic.

1 / 3