Anti-itch Cream for Baby with Eczema?

Hi, all,

Anybody know of any kind of medicated or soothing anti-itch cream approved for babies? My baby has terrible eczema, and the doctor gave us steroid cream but told us to be very sparing with it. So unless the rash oozes, I avoid it. I use the best moisturizing creams I can find, like eucerin and Baby Naturals, but does anyone know if there is anything specifically designed to relieve itching? He has a huge outbreak today and seems tormented by it. It's all over his body and I would fear using that much steroid cream anyway. He's 5.5 months old.

Also, any other advice on eczema would be greatly appreciated. He is exclusively breastfed right now, and I use scent and dye free detergent. But eczema runs in my family.

My SON has it bad. Finally I took him to a skin doctor. She gave me the same steroid cream. It worked however it does come back after use. About a week after. She advised me to use Aveeno products. They have the cream for eczema just read the labels they have many. Also, I use the bath Aveeno twice a week. He looks great. When I see he is sweaty from the heat my MIL made me a sock with corn starch. It works! Keeps him from getting a rash in the back of his legs and creases in the arms. My son is 4 yrs old just you can see how long I have been working with this. Try these things out. You will see how good it is. Good Luck! :)

Babyganics makes an amazing eczema cream. All of their products are hypo allergenic and non irritating. They are amazing!!

There's a baby ecxema cream that you can get at walmart. It's made by Gentle Naturals and has Disney on the front. It works really well and super fast. I hope this or something helps... that has GOT to be miserable!

Have you tried aquaphor?

My 8 month old has it pretty bad. I tried a lot of creams and nothing worked. I did some research online and ended up getting Curel Itch Defense. It is accepted by the national eczema association and is pediatrician tested, and gentle enough for babies. I swear this stuff is amazing!! It's the only thing that has worked for her. I put it on her daily and her excema is gone! I have taken breaks from using it and it comes right back. It was only around $7 at Walmart. Look it up online there are reviews from other parents, great reviews, that's why I decided to try it.

don't avoid it. just use it for 4 days in a row, 2x a day and then take a break. its the only thing that has helped us. you don't want to use too long or too much cuz it can thin the skin (and not on face or privates)

and make sure you have soft water. that saved my hubby.

Try: Florasone Itches & Rashes Cream -- 1 oz
by Boericke & Tafel

Whole Foods has it. Or online like at E-bay or Amazon.

It is a natural alternative to Hydrocortisone cream.
For Eczema as well.

Also as an aside: my Mom has Eczema. But she knows what triggers it. For HER, oats and citrus triggers her eczema. If she avoids that, she does not get flare ups.

http://www.nationaleczema.org/
This is the link for the National Eczema Association.
Look at it, and they also have links for products that are approved by them, for Eczema etc.

It could be that he is reacting to something in your diet via the breastfeeding-I discovered that with my son when he was 6 months old. I was giving him both formula (Similac Advance) and breastfeeding him, and on the advice of his pediatrician, we switched him to the soy formula, Similac Isomil, and his eczema started to clear up. Then one night, he woke up in the middle of the night for a feeding, and rather than run downstairs for a bottle, I breastfed him. The next morning the daycare called me to tell me that he was so itchy that he had scratched his face bloody...and I made the connection with the breastfeeding. Rather than try a restrictive elimination diet-I eat so many potential allergens with no problems, it would take forever to figure it out-we quit breastfeeding cold turkey, so to speak. And his eczema cleared up over the following week.

For immediate relief of itching, have you tried an oatmeal bath? Aveeno makes them, plus they have a line designed for eczema sufferers, too.

Good luck to both of you!

oatmeal bath! & then check with the dr about what to use......

1 / 3