Angle of the Dangle

Just had a high quality ultrasound at 13.5 weeks and can see the "nub" at a perfect 45 degree angle to the lower spine. Anybody have an luck with accuracy using this method of gender prediction? **not 3D, just high quality--not the grainy black and white and type.
We are getting a 20 week ultrasound for sure but as we have two girls our curiosity was peaked because we've seen a lot of girl ultrasounds and have never seen anything like this.

The Angle of the Dangle worked! We confirmed yesterday we are having a boy! Most people who are skeptical don't understand the theory. With a good ultrasound picture, experts can guess the gender with 95% accuracy between weeks 12 and 14.
At his point in fetal development, distinct changes are beginning to take place and with a profile or nub shot, these changes are clear! Hurray!

I learned about the "angle of the dangle" theory after my 2nd pregnancy. I did get nub shots for pregnancy 3 and pregnancy 4, and the theory was right for both (#3 was girl, #4 was boy).

Yep, I had the angle of the dangle prediction done at 12 weeks with my son who is now 8 weeks old. Told me it was boy. It was also confirmed later on at 18, 22, and 30 wks, and birth lol.

Saw my sons parts at the 17 week ultrasound, not sooner because he wouldn't turn :(

We could tell son #3 was a boy with a regular ultrasound at somewhere between 12 and 16 weeks. Son #1 looked like a blob in all regular ultrasounds until about 20+ weeks.

Accuracy as far as determining gender depends on the ultrasound tech and the quality of the machine. By "high quality", do you mean 3-D? Or just a high quality machine? Either way, congrats!

I'd never even heard of this before your post but out of curiosity I googled it and found this interesting page: http://www.baby2see.com/gender/external_genitals.html

Thought it had a pretty good explanation of accuracy - it's at the very bottom of the page so you'll have to scroll down but the rest of the page is pretty interesting stuff too. Congrats on your baby (most likely a boy!)!!!

I have never heard of the "Angle of the Dangle" theory until you posted this, but it seems very subjective, but based in fact so I would love to know if you do end up with a boy at 20 weeks or not.

1 / 3