And Now She Says She Was Drunk

So, I just read baby Lisas mom says she was drunk and had blacked out when her baby was taken and they've hired the sleazy Van der Sloot attorney. It's becoming more and more clear. I pray for that baby and all other children in harms way. The required question part of this is, do you believe for one minute that she was drunk in the other room and had no idea what happened? And where is the man that she was seen buying the alcohol with? Could he be the man neighbors saw carry the baby off? And if by some wierd quirck of fate she's telling the truth and had no part in it...do you think a mom should be held responsible for something bad that happens to her child while she's blacked out drunk?

I really don't think that a mother who put her children to bed safe and woke up to find something bad happened should be charged. Whether she was drunk or not. I have slept really hard after having a few glasses of wine. And It would be the ultimate nightmare for anyone. I just really feel this lady and her man friend cooked up the whole scheme.

T. I just don't even know what to make of the whole thing. Drunk or not, I REALLY REALLY want to believe mom has nothing to do with this. Most of us have had a night or two where we've had a few, you know, and we ALL just got lucky? Sigh, I hate the whole thing.

So she'll be charged with negligence then? Endangering the welfare of a child? That is not going to bring Lisa home safe.

The story gives me a yucky nervous feeling. I am dreading the day the truth comes out, it can't be GOOD news at this point, right?

:(

:(

Sounds like BS to me. Throughout the entire thing, I've thought that she's had something to do with it.

ETA: And damn right a mother is responsible for anything that happens to her child when she's drunk. A responsible parent ensures that their child has a caregiver when they are incapacitated.

Not only drunk, but said she actually put her baby down at 6:30...not 10:30!!!!

Something happened in that house, and it's not a random stranger. She is obviously involved. Just my opinion.

AND...since when does getting sloppy drunk leaving yourself essentially incapacitated, and something happening to your child...NOT your fault? The lady got drunk, so drunk she has no idea what happened to her kid. How in the world, should she not be held responsible. That's lame. She CHOSE to get drunk with her children there...SHE put her kids in danger. This was not a few glasses of wine. She remembers drinking around 6 glasses...and that's just what she remembers.

Just to clarify something on her "companion" he usactually her BIL!
Added: I sure the hell hope you all would tell the court you have her convicted before hearing ALL evidence! So many on here complain about being treated fairly. Quick to judge anyone?

T.:

I don't know what to believe anymore. If she had been drunk, she should've stated that from the beginning.

Something stinks in Denmark...

I just pray that baby Lisa is safe.

She's setting up her defense.

I still can't get past the fact that all the lights were on. What intruder would walk into a well-lit house or would turn on all the lights?

Or what about her son's who HEARD weird noises that night she went missing???! The mom claims she doesnt want her boys to be questioned anymore. Why? Because you have something to hide? Its so ridiculous to me. If my son had heard noises or something, then heck yes interview him again so we can learn whatever we can.

What about the fact that she put the baby down for the night at 6:40 pm and not 10:30pm like she claimed?

Also, the fact that she was yes drunk, and had her fan on full blast, etc, the dog didnt bark, and that she and her husband chit chatted for a few minutes when he came home from work at 4am before anything was said about the condition of the house!
I'd be freaking out if I came home and all the lights were on, the house was a wreck etc, etc. I would think immediately about my children.

It's all too much and slowly but surely the truth will come out.

I just hope when it does the baby is found safe and sound.

1 / 3