Amniotic Sack Detatching from Uterine Wall

I am currently 10 weeks pregnant, and at 8 weeks, I found out the sack detatched from the wall of my uterus causing bruising and bleeding. I was just wondering if any women have experienced this, and if it is normal, and if I will go on to have a normal pregnancy? Need advice quickly!

So it had been a while since I posted my request for women who have had experience with the amniotic sack detaching from the wall of the uterus, and I just wanted to let everyone know how things are going...I'm 21 weeks pregnant, and we just found out we are having a girl! We are so very excited and can't wait for her to be here!

I had this happen with my last pregnancy (my baby is now 8 weeks). They discovered it by ultrasound at about 10 weeks. I had another ultrasound at 12 weeks and it had already repaired itself. Not that I'm a medical expert or anything, but I think you'll be okay :) Good luck to you and congratulations!

First of all...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

(I read your first post...where you had thought you had miscarried...and my heart's just glowing for you.)

On to business:

I'm afraid I don't know much about amniotic sacs detaching...I'm afraid I'm prone to another, placental abrubtions; where the placenta pulls away from the uterus. While I could give you chapter and verse on THAT, that's not your issue...but you have my fist raised to the sky with you.
After years of bleeding/cramps/bloating/fumbling with pads/ then a kajillion tampons/not to mention having to sit through countless moronic lectures as an adolescent/and pounds upon pounds of pregnancy books later on... and it's like,"What?!?" staring at my abdomen in the general direction of my uterus "You weren't LISTENING???"

::sigh:: Hang in there girlfriend.

2 questions and a comment:

Q1) I saw in your response is that your Doc had said it looked like your sac had reattached. Is that correct/still the case?

Q2)Have you talked with your Doc or their nurse to find out more about this condition?

2cents) If you haven't, call 'em up and make a sanity appointment. They're used to them, believe me!! (I believe the phraseology for making the appt. is "Questions & Concerns". Either make up a list and bring it (with every question you could possibly think of) and hand it over to them when they walk into the room...or just tell them when you walk in the door that you want to know everything about it and everything you can do and shouldn't do. What's likely, what's unlikely, and what their experience is. If you've got a good team, you should leave feeling strong. Not necessarily happy, but strong. If you leave feeling happy, know you just got a great bonus.

Peace (and may the next 10 posters all say, "Oh yeah, BTDT, no problemo!"),

~Z

Congrats L.,

I had this happen but at the end of my pregnancy with my second child - all went well and she is now 4 years old. It was very scary with all the bleeding. I agree with the no lifting. Please keep us updated - best wishes to you and your little bundle.

Tee

Congratulations. Yes I had mine tear and had bleeding. I now have a wonderful 7 1/2 year old beautiful daughter. You need to listen to your doctors and take it easy. Good luck and my prayers are with you.

That can complicate things quite a bit. You might have to be put on bedrest...

L.- I had the same problem with my second son at 8 weeks. It corrected it self, and he is a happy healthy 3 year old now!! I dont know if that helps at all, but at least it may ease some fears??

I also had something similar happen. At our 7 week ultrasound, they found a "blood pocket" which was from something (never told me what exactly) had pulled away from the uterine wall - might have been the placenta or the amniotic sack. We had a repeat ultrasound at 11 weeks, and the blood pocket had completely disappeared and everything looked just fine. Good luck!

Hello. I had that during the first trimester, and now I'm 29 weeks. I guess it depends on how much detached? Hang in there, because it appears that a normal pregnancy certainly can happen!

1 / 3