Always Sick. - Citrus Heights,CA

Sick, may not be the best word. I have a husband, a six yr old, and a two yr old. It seems like one or more of us continuously have this cough, runny nose, congestion thing going on. My husband and two yr old have been coughing all summer. Ive taken the two yr old to the doctor, he says its just a cough..... My husband has seen his doctor who says it is allergies....but allergy medicine doesn't seem to help. Im no doctor, but I don't think it's allergies. We do have four small dogs. Could it be pet dander? Should we have our house tested for mold or something? Any insights are helpful.

Try opc3. It's a very powerful antioxidant.
Www.coliryan.com. Type in opc3 and it will give you all the info on it. It will help with the allergies and keep all of you heathy. There is a kids version too. My entire family is on it.
Hope it helps
;)

I am sorry, I do not have an answer, but my heart goes out to you. i hope you get it resolved ASAP. Good luck!

Air ducts are a good suggestion! Also -how is the air quality in your town? During the dog days here my oldest is always on an inhaler. More likely though -welcome to the world of small children! They are petri dishes! Until I had them, I would get maybe one cold/cough a year, and I used to smoke! Eat lots of fresh foods and take natural vitamins, but I've dubbed these the "snot years." -Mother of a 2 & 5 year old

Several years ago i lived in brand new apartment here in SoCal and my daughter was sick ALL the time for about 9 months. It turned out to be mold. Please have your home checked out, mold can do terrible things to your health.

Have your air ducts cleaned and see if it helps. Its a good thing to do anyways.

Well I would wonder if it is something enviromental in the house?? Have any of you been tested for pet dander allergies? Maybe ask the doc if you can get an allergy test just to rule that out then start one by one eliminating the possible enviromental allergies there are like sensitivity to something in the water if you have a wekk, if there is any water or moisture in the basement/walls.. so on and so on.. that stinks... do you guys take vitamins daily? i know as soon as i miss my vitamins for a week i always hands down get a head cold :( good luck!!

Hope it helps
;)

i would definitely have your house checked for mold! That can cause all kinds of problems!

If it is allergies, pet dander could possibly be the culprit. Short of getting rid of your dogs, all I can suggest is frequent baths and brushings for the dogs, as well as more frequent vacuuming of the house. If you have carpets or rugs, you might want to consider changing those out for wood or tile flooring to help keep the pet dander under better control. And it wouldn't hurt to go around your home checking just to be sure you don't have a mold problem anywhere.
Also take good notice of when the problems are worse and if there are any particular plants in bloom. With a little 'sleuthing' you may be able to identify the culprit or culprits that are causing the problems.
Like LuckyMom, I live not too far from you. Fortunately for me, the problems I had before moving to this area have largely disappeared. It seems that my allergy 'triggers' were more prevalent in our old neighborhood, and that we don't have many of them where we now live. I wish you the best in figuring this out. Finding the 'triggers' is half the battle. Once you've figured that out, it's usually easier to figure out what the "cure" might be.

You may want to take a look at your immune health. What do you eat? Do you exercise? Do you get enough sleep? Water? Etc. My family has been incredibly healthy since adding Juice Plus+ to our diets. It's 17 servings of fruits and veggies in a capsule or chew form. the USDA recommends 9-13 servings a day but if you are exercising or stressed you should eat more. This helps bridge the gap between what you do eat and what you should eat. If you have 14 mintues, I would recommend watching the informational video at www.jillwheatonjuiceplus.com It will tell you all about the product and why you should take it.

It's backed by Dr. Sears, the famous pediatrician and many many other doctors around the world. Children ages 4-26 can get Juice Plus+ for free with a sponsoring adult! Please let me know if you have questions.

1 / 3