Alternatives to Baby Shower Games

I am planning my first baby shower ever for the end of this month for a friend of mine due in March! Everything is coming together well, however, I am wondering about games. I really would prefer not to do too many games if any at all. However, I would like some alternatives to games. If anyone has any ideas of what they have seen done at baby showers, or what they have done in the past I would love to hear them. Thanks!

Like you, I am not a big fan of games! One that's easy is baby bingo. Pass out empty bingo sheets, and have everyone feel out the items they think the pregnant lady will receive. The first 5 people to get a bingo, win, and then it's over. Have fun!

Time people putting the pack and play together - that's always hard if you haven't done one in a while. :)

j lin; ive gone to a shower, where we all gathered, and we ate, and she opened the gifts, while opening the gifts, they had everyone put their name in a drawing, and during the gift opening they drew names and someone won a present during the mom opening her gifts, about 10 - 15 gifts were handed out, so about half won a gift, some was shower gel, some was candles, some won paper, you can go to a dollar store and get a bunch of cool stuff, just have fun, and enjoy, D. s

I like the fake money idea and bidding on the prizes I also like to play the guess how much game You can buy a few baby items at the store that the parents to be will need like diapers, wipes, shampoo, a set of bibs or a toy and the guests have to write down their guess as to how much they think the item costs the person closest to the correct price wins and the items can be given to the parents so buy stuff that they will need

I may have just what you are looking for.
I represent a company called Jordan Essentials and do a different kind of baby shower for expectant mothers and guests, pampering them with a spa day at home, with safe, affordable, american made and natural products that are so-o-o-o good for you. you can check these out at myjestore.com/rachelblanchard but allow me to come to you to try them for free. You won't be disappointed.,
R. B.

Good morning ~ just an idea that is not related to your game question, because i too was going to recommend the same info as the other post. :-)

BUT ~ I always think that children can not have enough books, and love the personal touch of giving a book instead of a card with presents for kids. Price is almost the same like 3-5 dollars, and also ask the person giving the book to write something in it.

Also ~ for my sister-n-laws baby shower, I went to a scrapbooking store and bought several cutout of baby items and things that represent the family (firefighter items, salon items, baby items). At the shower, i passed them out to everyone and asked them to write something inspirational for the baby, or something about the mother. Then i took them all home and put them into a scrapbook for her. My sister-in-law LOVED!!!

Hope that helps... good luck...

For my shower we cut up 4 inch squares of different patterned quilting material (cotton material) and had each person write a wish to the baby. We are working on sewing all the squares togehter to make a baby wish quilt for my daughter. For an added touch you can also embroider the messages to make the quilt extra special.

For a twist on this if you are into scrapbooking have everyone write a wish on a card and make a scrap book out of the wishes.

I had a smaller shower and served meatballs, veggies, cheese and crackers, etc...also the decorations were done for the guests to take home, votives with battery operated candles decorated with ribbon and flowers and a basket of cookie cutters with the recipe for motherhood tied to each one and lots of balloons. We ate, opened presents and sat around just talking about motherhood experiences, you could even record them in a book and have each guest write their story and sign it...also had cupcakes instead of a cake and decorated the cupcake stand to match the candles. It was really a lot of fun and I think people are sick and tired of the same old stuff anyway. Good luck and I hope you have fun which is what it really should be all about anyway!!!

1 / 3