Allergy to Yeast

My husband just found out he is allergic to yeast. That means no breads and no beer. The beer doesn't matter cause we are not drinkers. As for the breads, that's a bigger issue. This may be a stupid question but is there any kind of breads without yeast? I just feel really bad for him. No more pizza night, no french toast in the morning. Any suggestions will help. Thank you in advance.

Yes, any bread or baked product made with baking soda or baking powder. Biscuits, corn bread and most quickbreads are made with baking soda instead of yeast.

Breads by Anna has a gluten free/yeast free mix. I have never had it though. Google gluten free and yeast free and you may be able to find more if you add gluten free. Also if you go to celiac.com you can ask questions and someone may be able to help you. It is amazing how many people have similar food allergies.Tell him best of luck. It is a big change at first but you do adjust over time.

Also Ener G (I believe it's g) has a yeast free bread and Chebe. You can buy Chebe at Meijers. Not cheap though!

My mom is allergic to yeast, Corn tortillas are yeast free, and some flour are as well. We use those to make pizzas, and breakfast burritos. Most pita breads are yeast free, and like someone else mentioned, Jewish Delis have yeast free breads and rolls. Good luck to him. He may find he won't have rashes, red marks on hos face, white coated tongues, or infections like jock itch and athletes foot anymore, as those are a lot of the side effects.

I would strongly encourage your husband to see a nutritionist. A woman at work was recently diagnosed with an allergy to yeast and she was told to eat limited amounts of fruits and steer clear of vinegars. As things digest, they turn into yeast (?) not sure if I have that correct, but in her first few weeks of not eating yeast, she's lost a significant amound of weight (never had it to lose) and is struggling to eat enough as she is now too thin. You want to make sure he's getting the proper nutrients and not hurting his system.

Whole Foods carries some yeast-free breads in their frozen section, but they taste pretty horrible. I would recommend trying the other suggestions first.

After visitng my doctor regarding early menopause symptoms, I wound up being diagnosed with intestinal yeast. I purchased "Complete Candida Yeast Guidebook" by Jeanne Marie Martin with Zoltan P. Rona, M.D. and boy has it been an eye-opener! This problem is so much more wide-spread than I thought! Not only does this book contain explanations, but also recipes and diet plans. I would suggest anyone with yeast/candid issues to pick up this book.
good luck.

Ezekiel 4:9 by Food For Life offers yeast free versions of breads, tortillas, cereals and pastas. YOu can find retailers near you thru their website: http://www.foodforlife.com/yeast-free-breads.html

my twins are allergic to yeast and I too thikn I have something wrong with it, I would love to hear how they found out that was it for your husban if you ahve the time. You should check out there are yeast free breads and yeast free pizza crusts. do you live near a sunset foods or there is a great gluten free store in Northbrook that has it or All Ways Healthy in Lake Zuric has it and if they do not have what you want they will order it for you in a heart beat. They even have yeast free vitamin and probiotics that is what the dr told me to give the twins to help with it. My twins have EE and ED (Eosnophilic Disorder), my husband I think ha it too, but he likes beer and gets sooooooooooooooo sick after two drinks so I think it is the wheat or gluten and now with yoru post I wonder if it is the yeast! thanks and good luck, celiacs.com and there is a gluten free online store too...
google right now will help,

1 / 3