All Day Preschool Recommendations for 3 (Almost 4) Year Old in Denver

I am looking for a preschool to send my daughter on alternate days from those she attends an in home daycare next fall. We need a good program that has options from 7am until 6pm but I don't want it to be "daycarish" since we already have that for the other days. We tried the JCC but are waitlisted. They have openings for 4 year olds but won't let her in since she misses the cutoff by a few weeks. Any suggestions would be great. We live in Denver near Colorado Blvd and I-25. Thanks!

Both my kids went to the Schlessman YMCA at Colo Blvd and Yale and we loved it. The staff are great, and they stay and stay - there are still some staff there from when my daughter was there and my daughter is 12 1/2 now! Everyone is well-trained, the facility is great and the program is very well-organized. The ECE program for 4 yr olds is coordinated with Denver Public Schools as well. I recommend it very highly.

take care, S.

I recommend Temple Emanuel at 1st and Forest but their earliest is 8 am and they only go until 5:30.

Check out Sewall Child Development Center ###-###-####. They have an excellent preschool program with full day options. Sewall is located at 1360 Vine St. 80206--near the Denver Botanic Gardens. I worked at the JCC preschool for 4 years and loved it, and have worked at Sewall for 8 and love it, too. I would send my child to either, although my son will go to Sewall in the fall since I work there. Sewall staff have very high qualifications and the school is much more diverse than the J.

My 3-year old daughter goes to the Primrose School of Centennial which offers great flexibility of days and times and seems to balance the 'educational / play / daycare' elements well. I'm fairly new to Denver, so am not sure if this is too far away for you......but thought I would drop it in anyway.

The JCC is the best option if you can get in. My neice goes there and just loves it! You can also check the HEAlliance - however, I don't know if they have all day options. My son loves the Village on I-25 and Belleview - but you'll probably be waitlisted for more than a year there too. Good daycare is really hard to find in the Denver area. Good luck.

Hi K., have you tried Temple Sinai? Since you mention the JCC I am thinking you may be Jewish? My daughter attended Sinai for three years and it was a wonderful experience. They have an amazing program- and you don't have to be a member.

Hi!
I am the assistant director at St. Johns Lutheran ELC. We are a christian center recently rated by Qualistar. We serve children ages 18 months-8th grade. We are a child care center open from 7-6. I am not sure what you mean by Daycarish, but I know we have a wonderful program. My son is in Preschool. He is happy the entire time he is there, he is making friends, and he is learning in the process, just today, he made an 8 and said it was an 8 and he won't be 4 until September! To be honest, I am not sure we have openings although we are currently enrolling for our next school year which begins in August. Give us a call at ###-###-#### to set up a tour. We just received approval to be part of the Denver preschool program which allows parents to receive Denver dollars toward the tuition costs of Pre-K. D. Mann

take care, S.

I sent my daughter to Little People's Landing. They have several locations including one in Denver. Their prices are very reasonable and the teachers are outstanding! My daughter is reading 2 years ahead of grade level (2nd grade now) and a lot of that was due to the work she completed there. They also had many fun activities, family activities and arts & crafts. Some locations have a gymnastics class, dance class and haircuts that are on location. Also, they had photography studios take pictures of the children. My daughter was a little younger than yours when she started. They also provide meals, snacks and transportation to and from local schools. Can't say enough good things about them!

1 / 3