Alien Costume Ideas

Updated on November 14, 2011
M.D. asks from Rockport, TX

I need some quick, cute costume ideas for an out of this world alien. My DD school is having a costume contest in regards to their book fair this week. Im hoping for household item ideas, tin foil etc. The prize is a 10 dollar book fair gift cert so Im not spending much! Thanks for any creative thoughts you have!

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Kalamazoo on

Have you ever done homemade paper mache?
The mix is just water and glue. Blow up a balloon (larger than her head) then cover with strips of newspaper covered in the glue mix. I make a quick "stand" for the balloon with a piece of cardboard folded and taped into a circle so the balloon does not roll around during the process. Cover with several layers and let dry. Then cut out eyes, mouth etc and paint!!! Easy homemade mask!

answers from Beaumont on

I have NO creative abilities but if you'll google "alien costume ideas", I'll bet you'll get TONS of ideas. Family Fun magazine is awesome, I'll bet their website is full of costume ideas. Good luck!

Next question: JFF: Halloween Costumes! Make or Buy?