Air Mattress / Guest Bed

Hello -

Does anyone have any recommendations for an air bed? We're going to have over night house guests and need a spare queen size bed.

Thanks.

We also have an air bed - coleman brand - we use it for camping. They are great unless they have a leak - then they are awful! ;)

I don't have any suggestions on specific brands. I know that one brand makes one that has a frame built into/under it. This would mean your guests wouldn't be pretty much on the floor. I don't remember the brand. I know my mom bought one and it worked out great for my cousin who slept on it.

No matter which brand you look at, check the weight limits. Some only go to 150 pounds. This may be fine if only one person is on it (depending on the size of the person) but if you are putting two (which it sounds like you are) then it wouldn't work.

Good luck. Hope this helps.

We have an Aerobed & we LOVE it! We actually ended up sleeping on it for several months (when I was pregnant none the less!) when we first moved into our house & we were waiting for our household goods to arrive (we'd moved from HI, so it took a long time!).
Great bed!

My husband and I have slept on many air beds over the years while visiting relatives. My recommendation is to not skimp on quality, and get an Aero bed. They are the only brand we've slept on that was comfortable, and didn't deflate in the middle of the night. I did not find it uncomfortable to sleep on a queen aero bed with my husband, but the 2 twins another poster suggested might be more versatile for future guests (kids maybe?). I have never slept on the raised aero beds, but I'd imagine that would be even better, especially for older guests. Be sure to get one that inflates automatically - I have endured the pain of manually pumping a cheap air bed at 11pm at my MIL's, and it is not fun!

The 4 Minute Raised Queen Size Air Bed found at Boscov's is a good choice. They often have them on sale. It comes with its own electric pump. You can find them on Boscov's website at www.boscovs.com, under Household/As Seen on TV products, as well as in the household section of Boscov's stores.

My in-laws have two air beds at their summer camp and I DREAD going there and sleeping on them. (They don't have frames.) Is there ANY OTHER thing option you can do? Borrow a futon, use a sofa, etc. I think sleeping bags would be more comfy than an air mattress!

get an aerobed. they make pretty nice ones.they are kind of pricy but they are good.

Areo Beds are nice....you can sometimes find them at Tuesday Morning cheaper than at Linens n Things. You can locate a local Tuesday Moring in your area by going to TuesdayMorning.com......if not....just go to Linens N Things or Bed Bath and Beyond....you should find them there....they are a little spendy....but are pretty much like a real mattress, but they blow up!

1 / 3