Age Requirement for Kids Club at Gym?

Does anyone know the age requirement for the kids club at 24 hour fitness? My 6 week post natal exam is this week and I am hoping to get the "ok" to work out again. I'd like to go at least 3 times a week but have a one month old(she'll be 6 or 7 weeks at time of work out). It would be nice to have the girl at the gym watch her while I do a quick 45 min work out. I usually go in the mornings(around 10ish) when nobody is there so there are hardly any kids,if any at all.
Does anyone have any other ideas for me if she is not old enough? I suppose I could pay a sitter but who would bother coming over for only an hour and a half 2-3 days a week???

I have an almost 9 month old & I've been taking her to the gym & we walk on the treadmil while she is in the baby bjorn or when she was younger I had her in a sling. Also I have seen people put their baby in the carseat carrier next to them while they run whatever. I just asked at my gym & they said I could have her anywhere but the weight areas. Hope that helps!
Oh and I go to the Health and Athletic in Flower Mound and they take babies at 3 months.

You could change gyms. Lifetime takes in younger babies, I believe at around 3 months and keep them in a separate area just for babies (those who cannot walk).

I have a 3 year old and a 4 1/2 month old and just found out that the age requirement is 6 months to 12 years at 24 hour fitness. I am waiting until he is 6 months old, but if you know the person and they don't have any kids there, or not many, you may ask if you can do it sooner. If you have a friend that can watch your daughter until she is old enough, maybe you can trade time with her and watch her kid(s) for her to work out or something else. Good luck!

They have to be 6 MONTHS old to go to the kids' club. I worked out in the early mornings before my husband went to work until my girls were old enough to go to the childcare there. Hang in there! You'll figure out something! Kudos to you for getting back to the gym so quickly!

It's 6 months. Which I really hated at first. However, it's probably best not to put them in there until they are older, anyway. There's lots of running around and not to mention exposure to illnesses. We go regularly since my now 11 month old turned 6 months. I for sure noticed him catching colds and such. I do recommend going in the morning hours while bigger, more energetic kids are in school and the nursery isn't so busy.
I paid my neighbor a little bit to watch my baby for two hours a couple of times a week. You'd be surprised how many stay at home moms (or older teens with no morning classes) would like to have a little extra money each week. I would! And a couple of hours is a small commitment.

I agree, it is 6 months old. And you really should consider using a SAHM to help watch him while you do your quick workout. Instead of asking someone to come to your home, you could drop him off/pick him up after the gym. This will also allow you to get a shower afterwards, we all know how hard it is to get a shower in with a 6 week old. Good Luck.

Let me know and I can probably help you out w/the baby so you can workout.
Thanks

6 months is thier policy. Plus, you might want to wait because there are so many germs in those places and your new baby would get sick. Go for a long walk with her. She would love it and so would you! I love walking!

You should probably call the gym you go to and find out what their policies are.

We are current members of 24 hr as well, and I do believe the age is 6 months old.

You have the energy to work out?

yes, i used to go to 24 Hour Fitness and it was 6 months old. I had to wait FOREVER to bring him to the gym.
In order to workout (before DS turned 6 mo. old), I had to wait until hubby came home from work each night before i went the gym. And he was more than happy to do that since I was doing something for my health. Since your hubby is in the restaurant business, maybe you could go early in the morning (when he's still home).

FYI: I go to LA Fitness now -- the age requirement there is 6 wks. They are better equipped to watch infants.

I think they baby needs to be at least 6 months. I ran into the same problem last year. This sounds crazy, but the only time I could leave the house without needing a sitter is at 3 in the morning; dad can "watch" her while she sleeps. Hope you won't incur the same...

I am a 24hr member and I am pretty sure that youngest the kids club will take is six months. I am like you and need to work out. Is there a friend that you could trade time with? You could watch her kid so she could work out and then she could watch your baby? I have to admit, I took my daughter to kids club when she was younger than six months.

Good luck. Find a way to make it work. You deserve to have some workout time for yourself.

They have to be 6 months old before they can go.

I am a Group X Instructor for 24hour and the age requirement is 6 months...maybe you could do a "buddy system" with another mom. One day you will watch both your children while the other goes to workout and vice versa...

I believe the age requirement at 24 hr fitness is 6 months.

I thought it was 6 months... But they don't change diapers. When my son was still in diapers, they would call me out if he needed to be changed.

A friend of mine used to drop her daughter off at hourly childcare to work out. (Kiddin Around, Adventure Kids, etc)

You could try Stroller Fit, or another stroller-type class. Those sound like fun. :)

Good luck!!

If you could find a homeschooled teenager, I am sure they would LOVE to earn a little money for an hour and a half 2 or 3 times a week.