Age Requirement for Kids Club at Gym?

Does anyone know the age requirement for the kids club at 24 hour fitness? My 6 week post natal exam is this week and I am hoping to get the "ok" to work out again. I'd like to go at least 3 times a week but have a one month old(she'll be 6 or 7 weeks at time of work out). It would be nice to have the girl at the gym watch her while I do a quick 45 min work out. I usually go in the mornings(around 10ish) when nobody is there so there are hardly any kids,if any at all.
Does anyone have any other ideas for me if she is not old enough? I suppose I could pay a sitter but who would bother coming over for only an hour and a half 2-3 days a week???

I have an almost 9 month old & I've been taking her to the gym & we walk on the treadmil while she is in the baby bjorn or when she was younger I had her in a sling. Also I have seen people put their baby in the carseat carrier next to them while they run whatever. I just asked at my gym & they said I could have her anywhere but the weight areas. Hope that helps!
Oh and I go to the Health and Athletic in Flower Mound and they take babies at 3 months.

You could change gyms. Lifetime takes in younger babies, I believe at around 3 months and keep them in a separate area just for babies (those who cannot walk).

I have a 3 year old and a 4 1/2 month old and just found out that the age requirement is 6 months to 12 years at 24 hour fitness. I am waiting until he is 6 months old, but if you know the person and they don't have any kids there, or not many, you may ask if you can do it sooner. If you have a friend that can watch your daughter until she is old enough, maybe you can trade time with her and watch her kid(s) for her to work out or something else. Good luck!

They have to be 6 MONTHS old to go to the kids' club. I worked out in the early mornings before my husband went to work until my girls were old enough to go to the childcare there. Hang in there! You'll figure out something! Kudos to you for getting back to the gym so quickly!

It's 6 months. Which I really hated at first. However, it's probably best not to put them in there until they are older, anyway. There's lots of running around and not to mention exposure to illnesses. We go regularly since my now 11 month old turned 6 months. I for sure noticed him catching colds and such. I do recommend going in the morning hours while bigger, more energetic kids are in school and the nursery isn't so busy.
I paid my neighbor a little bit to watch my baby for two hours a couple of times a week. You'd be surprised how many stay at home moms (or older teens with no morning classes) would like to have a little extra money each week. I would! And a couple of hours is a small commitment.

I agree, it is 6 months old. And you really should consider using a SAHM to help watch him while you do your quick workout. Instead of asking someone to come to your home, you could drop him off/pick him up after the gym. This will also allow you to get a shower afterwards, we all know how hard it is to get a shower in with a 6 week old. Good Luck.

Let me know and I can probably help you out w/the baby so you can workout.
Thanks

6 months is thier policy. Plus, you might want to wait because there are so many germs in those places and your new baby would get sick. Go for a long walk with her. She would love it and so would you! I love walking!

You should probably call the gym you go to and find out what their policies are.

1 / 3