Advice on Salon Spray on Tanning

My daughter is 16 and extremely pale. She really wants some color and is exploring the spray on tanning booths.

Have any of you used that method? Do you have any other suggestions for a tanning cream instead?

Thank you for your time.

I wanted to give you another vote on the Arbonne Self-Tanner. I have not personally used that product, but I do use their sunscreen, lotions, shampoos, makeup, etc. Their products are great. They are hypo-allergenic and made with all botanical ingredients. Nothing harmful in them. Just to give you an example, when most companies test their products, in a test on 100 people, if 95 of them have no reaction & 5 do, other companies will accept that as being okay. Arbonne will go back to the drawing board if only 1 person in the product test has a reaction- they want 100% in everything.

The best I've found (being fair skinned myself) is one that gives you gradual color daily and she won't have to worry about streaks. It's actually lotion and there's even a face one. I've recommended it to many of my friends and those who have tried it... loved it! It's one of the more inexpensive brands, Jergens. It doesn't smell bad like the others, is not harsh on the skin, and gives a tan color rather than an orange. I think it costs somewhere between $10-$15.

J. S

She is 16 and no reason to start doing this at such an early age. she can use a bronser on her face, neck. She has to be careful about burning. Take her to a makeup place and have them show her how to apply makeup to fit her shading, little blush, mascara will really help.

Hi L.:
I use Neutragena Build-a-Tan lotion and have had good luck with it. I am sure it is cheaper than airbrush tanning or going to a tanning booth which I did for years. You just have to make sure that you rub it in well and evenly (she will need help with her back and shoulders and anywhere she can't reach), and then be sure to wash your hands with soap to make sure it still isn't on your hands. It is only about $9.00 a bottle and usually lasts me a couple of months.
A. F.

I am VERY fair skinned and have used the spary tan. For me it really looked fake, I guess with me being so fair it just looked orange. I also could not stand the smell of it...for me the smell stayed forever. It dosent' hurt to try it but just make sure she follows all the directions.

Good luck!!

I work at a salon called "Hello Gorgeous" in New Jersey, and we offer the spray tanning. But our skin staff puts it on for you, rather than standing in a booth. It is awesome...this coming from someone that is very fair. It is a sugar based product that adjusts to your skin tone. I got it done when I was pregnant so I didn't look so pale. And it lasts for about 7-10 days. I think it is worth it when you have somewhere to go, or going on vacation. Suggestions if doing a spray at a salon: Don't put deodrant on, it'll make the pits a different color, exfoliate the body, so that the spray doesn't stick to any dry areas of the body, don't use any lotion, and put vasoline on around the palms of hands and wrists, and the bottoms of heels and feet since they can grab darker.

Hey L. -

stay away from the spray tan...she will end up looking orange I can assure you. I too am very pale. I have used and recommend any of the following. Tan towels (tantowel.com or qvc/hsn), bare escentuals faux tan, coppertone tan creame - colored so you can see where it is applied).

I'm happy to hear she is smart enough to explore safe tanning options...stay out of that sun :)

I love the jergens moistureizer that has the subtle self tanners. they look so natural!

If your daughter is interested, I have a self-tanner spray that also is a sunblock with SPF 15 - it's from Arbonne International and the products are made from plants and herbs so it's completely safe for her to use. Let me know if you're interested - email me at: ____@____.com

1 / 3