Advice on Mittens/ Gloves for Young Children That Stay On!!!!!

Does anyone have any advice on any brands of snow (water proof) gloves or mittens for young children that will stay on their hands? I have a 4 y/o and a 2 y/o. I have tried several different kinds/ brands. I find that I am constantly fixing their mittens because they keep slipping off their hands. Most of them are so rigid the kids get frustrated because they can not grip anything. Any suggestions?

My husband bought mitten clips ($5) at The Rugged Bear in West Hartford center. We have an older son and wanted to use his old mittens (look brand new!) so we opted for the clips as opposed to new. (They were LL Bean)

LL Bean!!! They have the BEST mittens for little ones and they are cheap $19.50 they are called coldbuster waterproof mittens. LL Bean also guarantees them for the life of the product. Doesn't get much better than that!

http://www.llbean.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CategoryD...

Hello!
My 16 month old would not keep his mittens on until I found the website snowstoppers.com that has an ingenious design. The mittens are high quality and come in waterproof snow mittens or waterproof fleece. I highly recommend them! Good luck, K. =)

Hi there,
My name is H. and I recently came across these gloves that I may try for my daughter:
http://www.amazon.com/SnowStoppers-Toddlers-Waterproof-ST...

-H. B.

believe it or not, but homemade mittens are really good at protecting against snow. I use them for me. I cannot make them, so I check out church fairs for new ones. I also find they stay on better. Some have ties to hold them on.

S.,

So far, the Land's End mittens stay on very well. They have a strap to tighten around the wrist which works great. I have a special needs child who loves to "shake" the mittens off, but these are great. Check out the web site - they have both gloves & mittens with the wrist strap.

Yvonne

http://www.landsend.com/pp/SnowGuardSquallMittens~189121_...?

nosnowsnuggle.com is a cool webiste that the mittens are attached to an under coat so no snow will get int eh mittens. a little bit pricey but they work

I got some great mittens and gloves last year for my 2 and 5 yr olds. They are called L-Bow gloves/mittens. I got them online. They have extra fabric attached that you pull it all the up to the elbow. No more snow up the sleeve or mittens falling off.

1 / 3