Advice Needed on Prizes for B-day Party Games, 8-10 Yr Olds

I am looking for some advice on what would be good prizes for girls/boys ranging in ages from 8-10 yrs at a birthday party. We will have a bounce house, cake/ice cream, but will also try a couple games (sack races, 3-legged races, etc...).
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks !!

Why not hand out tickets for first, second, third place for each game and then let the kids use their tickets to "buy" one nice prize at the end of the party. I'm sure you'll make sure everyone gets some tickets even if they don't win for like best sportsmanship or most effort, or just a few tickets for participating. You could have an assortment of $5 gift cards to favorite places such as Sonic, Best Buy, etc for the winners with the highest number of tickets to choose from as well as some smaller prizes and candy for those with not as many tickets. Good luck and have fun!

I always like the $5 gift cards from cinemark (or any other movie theatre.) I usually have small prizes (boys like yo-yo's, those sponge like rockets, and the girls like nail polish, a set of really cool pens, permanent markers, crafts stuff. I tell the kids we have 3 maybe 4 prizes and games and thats it. I have the games after the kids have had some free time to play on their own, but before the cake and ice cream. God Bless! Linda

Do $5.00 gift cards from Sonic, McDonalds, Blockbuster and other places like that so the kids could treat themselves to dinner or a movie.

My daughter is older but we have about 3 parties a year and we started around 12yr old.

The prizes loved the most were I-tune gift cards and Best Buy cards.

I saw some neat bouncing balls on Oriental Trading that light up when they are bounced.

We are gearing up for the fall party and I am getting a few goodies from Oriental Trading. They have some neat items.

I have two boys, 13 and 15. That 8-10 age group really gets tough. The Dollar Tree is a great place for high bounce balls, plastic bat and ball, and small nerf footballs. If you are having a party with a bounce house, blow up balloons and through them in with them.......don't be surprised that they may become weapons! For your "big" game prize, get $5 McDonald giftcards (any other $5 for Target and movies doesn't go very far) or simply give $5.00 bill. If you are trying to be very inexpensive, go to your local bank and get $2.00 bill or silver dollars and you will be a HIT! God Bless and good luck!

$5 gift cards to either Toy R Us or Target would be a huge hit in our area.

Go to the dollar store. I would get things like coloring books/velvet posters, frisbees, bubble wands, card games, etc. The dollar stores right now have a lot of cute halloween themed items too. Just look around. I'm sure your kids can tell you what their friends would enjoy.

1 / 3