Adoption Party Gift or No Gift?

I have an adoption party in two weeks. One of my girlfriends from high school has adopted 2 kids that are brother and sister, 1 yr and 4 yr. Do I get a gift or not? And if so whats a good gift to give? Thanks!!

FYI she already had a shower for both kids?

Bring a gift. :) It's a major celebration. How about a gift card? Or, a saving's bond for the child(ren).

As an adoptive mom, I think presents would be very much appreciated. Just think of it as a baby shower for big kids! Anything that you might get for a baby shower gift would be great, I think (clothing, toys, bedding, etc).

Maybe since the holidays are coming and it should be family related how about a "family" christmas ornament or stockings with their names on them. Some of the malls of course already have the carts in the center. It might not mean much to them now, but later it will. Mom and Dad would probably love it too.

I would definitely get gifts! Hmmm, lemme think about what my child liked at 1...BOOKS! Lots of books and then they can both share. I recommend half price books, get more for your money.

Toys usually get out of control at that age so I would avoid toys altogether but this is a different situation, so maybe you could ask your friend?

Why wouldn't you give a gift? These are her children and she definitely will appreciate a gift.

I would get something that would be special and sentimental for each child and then get something for the parents that would be something useful them as new parents.

What are the ages of the children? Can you call your friend and find out what they like abd what she might need? Go from there. Enjoy the party and take a few pictures. Your gifrs can be welcome to the family gifts. The other S.

Hi H., if it were me, I'd get them a gift. Go to Hallmark, they have all kinds of sentimental gifts. Maybe a baby book, they can start for the 1 year old. Maybe an ornament for both, that's engraved. There's another place that's escaped me for the moment, but it has alot of nice gifts that can be engraved. Oh, Things Remembered. A nice book for them both, signed by you. A nice photo album. I'm sure they'll appreciate anything. Hope this helps

I would think it would be appropriate to bring a gift just find out what she might need and go from there.

1 / 3