Adoption Help

Hi, my husband and I would like to expand our family. We already have a 6 year old daughter, and was wondering if there are any agencies from which we could adopt a child between the ages of 12 to 24 months. We are looking to do a domestic adoptiom. We would welcome any suggestions on the process as well. I've already contacted DCFS and Bethany Christian and I was told that they couldn't help with toddler adoptions. Thank you in advancce!

I recently adopted a 28 month old boy from Russia through Childrens Hope International in Des Plaines. They're wonderful!

Hello. Have you looked into The Baby Fold in Normal? Their website is www.thebabyfold.org
I have heard all good things about this organization. Good luck!

Try The Cradle: http://www.cradle.org
or Lutheran Social Services: http://lssi.org/Service/AdoptionServices.aspx

Both are excellent resources.

I have also heard great things about The Cradle. We have friends who adopted a couple years ago and had a great experience.

Hello. We have 4 adopted children following years of infertility treatments. We went through Catholic Charities when we adopted our first 2 and brought each home at birth from the hospital. You can not be gender specific if you want an infant (well, you can be but you won't be selected by a birthmom since they usually do not know gender). Catholic Charities also use to handle placement of children through child services but I'm not sure if they are still doing that. If they are, then they would have children of all ages but the ones through the child services program are generally children that were neglected or abused.

For our 3rd and 4th, because we wanted to be gender specific we did international adoption. We brought one child home at 9 months and one at 15 months. The ages through international adoption really vary depending on the country you select but most result in you bringing a child home as a toddler which sounds like the age group you are looking for.

We found that the cost for both domestic and international ended up not being too much different even though many articles you read indicate that international is signficantly higher. It just depends on the agency and depends on the country and your level of income (Catholic Charities based their fee on your income and that money was used to pay the birthmother's medical bills.)

I'm with Children's Hope International in Des Plaines. We are adopting from China and they have been great.

Hi,I have 4 children. 3 biolgically and 1 adioted from russia. She came home last Christmas when she was 20 months. She is the love of our family. We used AAI. My coordinator was Diane. We are still good friends, she is wonderful. My sister has 3 adopted children, 2 from Mongolia and 1 from China. They are absolutely beautiful. She is very active in the adoption community. She is now the president of BRAFF, which is an organization that helps children in the Bailkail region (siberia). I understand your desire. Good luck.
If you want any more info., feel free to contact me.

T., we adopted our newborn son through Angel Adoption, not an agency, but they work with Luthern Child and Family Services which is an agency. I would call Lutheran first and see if they can work with you.
Good luck and God bless.

1 / 3