ADHD Child - McKinney,TX

Looking for thoughts on alternative treatments to ritalin based medications for my 5 year old ADHD boy.

I hve a hm-based business with nutritional food-science company called Reliv. What if I told you we hve a product for kids that tastes good that has a patented brain formula with amazing results with kids with ADD, ADHD, Autism. I can connect you with a mom who was at the end of her rope. Very busy lawyer who had tried everything with her ADHD child, Conner. To this day, she is estatic with the results Conner is getting. She said when she got her 1st good behavior note from school, she was amazed. I live in Carrollton, but there is a distributor in Frisco, too. Y.Fischer ###-###-####

Here is a website. It's about the feingold diet to help with ADHD
http://www.adddiet.com
Lonie

This is a problem close to my heart, my 4 yo grandson was diagnosed with ADHD and they wanted to put him on ritalin. We started him on a juice called Original Limu with Fucoidan and the change has been remarkable. It is healthy and safe for him and now my whole family is drinking. I get it at wholesale by being signed up with the company. Go to www.absolutefreedom.originallimu/lorijenkins to find out more information. I also have a book I can e-mail you. Trust me you need to look at alternatives.

Wow you have tons of responses! But I'll throw mine in to. My son has PDD NOS w/ speech delays and ADD. HIs speech therapist recommended Nordic Naturals Cod Liver oil and removing dairy from his diet and that has worked wonders. He now talks and has wonderful focus.

Jen

Yoga therapy is available. It is a wonderful tool to help a child pay attention to their bodies, their breath, and their thoughts. I hold a license in the Yoga for the Special Child (R) method, and there is another practitioner in Fort Worth also. For more information on this therapy, please visit my website at:
http://www.yogapotential.com/

Good luck! And thank you for seeking alternatives to ritalin!

concerta. I live by it!!! Would need to speak w/your primary physician about the dosage (MG) to use.

First, take your son to a psychiatrist and make sure that ADHD is his real diagnosis. We tortured our son and ourselves for 2 years on Ritalin-type drugs before finding out that our son actually has a mood disorder. Now we treat the mood disorder and the ADHD is tolerable without Ritalin.
There have recently been some studies showing Fish Oil to have great benefits and I know several moms who swear by it.

I was speaking to a friend at church the other day, and I had commented on her son. And the change I had seen in him. He had sat next to me thet morning in the early service.(He has ADHD as well as my 8 year old). Her exact words word, "he is starting to make sane and rational decisions, and is now hungry all the time."

I am taking my son to the Doctor today; we feel his current medication is not working for him any more.

The name of the new med is Vyvanse. I called the pharmacist, and it is the same price as the one he is currently taking. We self pay, no insurance. If you would like me too I can give you an update in a few weeks. Just send me a private message.

Sincerely,

P.

Don't know if anyone else has mentioned it, but there is a website www.flylady.com. I recommend it because it is a system to get your house in order/organized/etc. There was a testimony about one lady whose son did a 180 when she cleared out most of his toys except the few he really liked, and started getting the rest of her house in order. It is a lifestyle change rather than a medication or treatment.

Becca

http://www.adddiet.com
Lonie

1 / 3