Adhd - Kingsport,TN

does any one know any herbal remadies to help with adhd my oldest has beed diagnosed by his ped with a mild case of it but he is having problems in school now with behavior and we are not wanting to put him on meds, my youngest is also possibly adhd per a developmental specialist any help would be greatly appreciated.a little background he is 7 and managed to skip to the 2nd grade his grades are for the 2nd graqde but his maturity level is that of a first grader which is understandable but with him being in the 2nd grade the teacher is worried about his behavior and we are to due to how he acts at home.and as long as we can remember he gets a kids vitamine in the morning its supposed to be for active kids.

Hi T.

I have two children that are diagnosed with ADHD.. My feeling is if you had diabetes you would have to take insulin.. I don't know of any herbal remedies.. But I do know I see a huge difference in my children.. They are able to function with out me constantly telling them to sit down and be quiet. it is hard enough being a child with out the added bonus of having this type disorder.. Good luck

I am responding similar to the others ... that a really good multivitamin that actually is absorbed by the body could be very helpful. The on-line store that I shop at has shown (and published in the scientfic literature) to be 85% absorbable by our bodies and to protect us from antioxidants better that many vitamins tested. I can give you the results if you like. Also, detoxifying your home can help too. Reducing artificial dyes consumed may help also. I am going to pm you some information I have (too long to post) on adhd and how good vitamins, etc. can help.

Good luck! D.

Hi T.,

We detoxed our home, put my daughter on an absorbable multivitamin and Omega 3s. Her diagnoses was removed shortly after. Eight weeks after I had detoxed the home, she was completely on grade level and not struggling anymore. It was a God send~

I don't believe there is ever a need to medicate. There are too many long term side effects that the child will have too deal with later.

God bless!

During childhood I struggled with ADD (now diagnosis of mild ADHD). I did take supplements (mainly vitamins to make sure I have everything I needed), removed items from my diet high in sugar and anything else the irritated me (cleaning supplies, certain candle/airfreshner scents). That only went so far, I still had a horrible time in school because I just could not focus, meds really helped me A LOT. I took them through high school but stopped in college. Meds was a last resort after trying all of the above, if the improvement only goes so far then it really is ADD/ADHD but if all the symptoms go away then it is a misdiagnosis.

I have not taken meds since freshmen year of college for now I have my ADHD under control enough to function without it... BUT my doctor has told me that with age it will get worse and might need meds (they really do make a difference when I took them, even after the diet/supplement changes).

Also the stress is killer for someone with ADHD, not completing something, lost of trust with family add even more stress which will trigger even more of the ADHD symptoms and it really snowballs from that and is really hard to get out of without A LOT of help and maybe even meds!

Some books that have helped me:
Stress Can Really Get on Your Nerves! by Trevor Romain & Elizabeth Verdick (this is geared towards young adults but find it very helpful even if not in school any more)
Survivor Personality by Al Siebert
Being the Best by Denis Waitley
Time Management for Unmanageable People by Ann McGee Cooper
You Don't Outgrow It by Marnell L. Hayes, Ed.D
Succeeding Against the Odds: Strategies and Insights from the Learning Disabled by Sally L. Smith

There are many more books out there that are helpful these are just a few that I have the names of.

Support groups (for you) are also helpful but I have not gone to one, due to having my ADHD under control and not search one out.

Hi T.-

First off, good for you for wanting to try the natural approach before medicating with amphetamines. Our son is 4 and has ADHD and we also decided not to medicate...we found a book online called "3 Steps to Conquering ADD-ADHD" by Jon Bennett that pretty much convinced us to try supplementing first. You can read the entire thing online for free, and all of the suggestions are things you can buy at any natural foods store. There was one product they recommended by name (which made me leery) called Neu B Calm'd and I thought I'd hold off on it and see how the other supplements went...since we saw such a great improvement from the other stuff, we never looked into the Neu B Calm'd...anyway- basically what we did was put him on Fish Oil, (I see another mom suggested Omega 3's so I second that) a Magnesium supplement (the one we got is called CALM for Kids-I've seen the CALM for adults at Whole foods, but the Kids version I haven't been able to find anywhere but online, its cheap though-like 15 bucks and a container will last like 6 months, you only use like a tsp a day), a good multivitamin and protein at every meal. The CALM, fish oil and protein were key...we saw a DRASTIC improvement. I'm not saying he doesn't still have his moments, (get him some protein FAST! lol) but he is much, much better. I have my sweet little boy back. After reading these suggestions, I think I might look into some natural cleaning products and see if it makes a difference. Good luck and hang in there. Feel free to msg me if you have any other questions.

Here is the link:

http://3stepsadd.com/download/3%20Steps%20to%20Conquering...

First of all, good for you in regards to looking for something natural. This is what I would do for my children. I agree that toxins and heavy metals appear to play a huge role with these behavior issues and with many illnesses and diseases. Detoxing the home is great. But we are exposed to toxins and heavy metals daily in the food we eat, air we breathe and water we drink. I was introduced to an all natural product that safely and efficiently removes toxins and heavy metals such as lead, mercury, aluminum,etc. It is completely safe to use on all ages. Comes in liquid form and you use just drops. Message me if you would like more info. I have listened to those that have children with adhd and have gotten good results using this product. This company also has a wonderful liquid vitamin that is easily absorbed and tastes good too. feel free to contact me for more info.

Check out chiropractic for him. I beleive that could help him.

you could go to any health store, like GNC, and ask them
hey are trained in the herbs that they sell and should know what u could use

Updated

its so weird that you write this, because i was just reading an article today about how so many kids show signs of ADD/ADHD because of sensitivity to chemicals in cleaning and hygiene products! http://www.HealthySafeAndClean.com has a list of products that have chemicals in them. I buy all of my stuff from an online whole-sale club because their stuff is naturally based and it is just so much cheaper then buying it from the whole foods store. They actually have a natural vitamin that can be used for treatment for ADD/ADHD instead of medication and there are tons of testimonials for it. I dont personally take it (although i do take their stress vitamin and it is amazing!) but it may be worth looking into? message me if you want!

1 / 3