Adding a Middle Name

can anyone tell me if we plan to name the baby after dad but he has no middle name and we add one is the baby still considered a junior?

I think the name has to be exactly the same to be a junior. If you want the child to be a Jr. you can always use a nickname rather than adding a middle name.

From my understanding, technically the names have to be exactly the same to be a "junior." You might want to do a Google search, e.g., via Emily Post and see what you find. It's a British tradition carried over to here. My father is a Junior, and my brother is actually a "III." You don't find many people these days who are even aware of this!

The name has to be exact to be a Junior.

I think the name has to be exactly the same to be considered a junior. In my family the names are exactly the same and therefore have senior, junior, etc. In my husband's family, the middle names are always different, so the senior, junior stuff does not quality. I am far from an expert, but this is what I have heard and seen.

I believe that you should do whatever makes you happy. Being a junior is something that you decide when naming your child. If you want him to be a junior, then so be it!! Congratulations on your new baby boy!!

Technically I don't think so. But I also don't think there are any real "ruls" for naming kids anyway. If you want him to be a Junior then make him a Jr. But I also think that a junior is after daddy. It id not "supposed" to skip generations, but again, who cares. Do what feels right and honorable to you.

No, by adding a middle name your child is not a junior. My husband(decease)did not had a middle name too and my son has one, so his not a junior.

My husband's dad was born a Junior, but didn't care for his dad so declared himself the Senior and named hubby the Junior when he was born. Hasn't caused any trouble so far,

HIH.

1 / 3