Activity Bags During Worship

I am in charge of keeping our activity bags filled for children to use during worship. I am looking for new ideas to keep it interesting for the kids. The age range for the kids who use them is 3-10 or so. Here is what is currently in the bags: crayons, post-it note pad, make-a-story sticker sheet, gel pen, pencil, small puzzle (4 to 9 pieces), small activity pad (coloring, mazes, etc), and a wood lace up shape. I would love to add something new and interesting, but really am not sure of what to add.

Do your churches have similar things for kids who remain in worship? Thanks for any ideas!

Creative Kid Stuff has a inexpensive product called waxies. It looks a bit like a piece of licorice but it is made of wax and it can be shaped and stuck to it's self and other waxies for sculpting. Just another idea.
A.

At our church we just bring our own bag and I have the Crayola Markers in there the one's that only write on certain paper. They are awesome and impossible to make a mess with but a little spendy.

Our church has a book station that we use, rather than the activity bags. The books and pictures seem to keep everyone happy and the kids can choose their own.

What about a Doodle pro (a tiny one) for each bag. Everyone likes those. They might get spendy if you're filling 25 bags though.

We have paper, crayons, a small stencil, pencil, lacing cards, coloring book and pipe cleaners. Pipe cleaners are amazing - fun for little ones but open-ended enough for older kids, inexpensive and reusable.

I would be happy to donate my books, Let's Get Ready For Kindergarten! for ages 2-6 and Let's Get Ready For First Grade! for ages 5-8. Just email me your address at: ____@____.com and I will gladly send you a set for your church!
Smiles - S.

You might check out Oriental Trading, they have religious items and fun little trickets/toys/activities. I would have a hard time coming up with new ideas too. Maybe you could ask the older group of kids that are regulars what they would like to see in the bags (appropriate items of course).
We offer the bags too and I do think that some of the kids get bored with the items, especially if they come every sunday. In each of our bags is a pop-up book with one of the bible stories, the younger kids especially love this because they like peek-a-boo.

Mini magnadoodles, or woodkins maybe?

We have bags like that at church, but I also bring along plastic animals or figures, and really thick Disney storybooks. Between that and the bags, it usually keeps my son happy the entire hour.

Travel etch a scetch or the doodle pro. Large beads to thread throug a shoe lace. Safety pins with small beads and they can attach them to their shoe laces or on their clothes after. Any travel board games like checkers or something.

1 / 3