Activities in Greenwood

My family just moved to Greenwood in January. I've found a preschool for my 4 yr. old, discovered Bouncertown, and a few parks, but I'm wondering what are some other fun things to do in Greenwood? I know the Indpls. Children's Museum & the Indpls. Zoo are not far, but are there local activities? Like a community soccer program? Library programs? Or any other suggestions for what a young family might enjoy? Thanks so much!

Greenwood parks dept are hosting sign language classes for infants/toddlers/preschooler.
www.signsationalkids.com for more info

Jo Anne Fabrics on US 31 offers a lot of craft classes, cake decorating, sewing. I know you have boys but it could be a great creative outlet for them, and you'll be able to meet other moms too!

The Greenwood Public Library offers alot of children's activities year-round. So does the Johnson County Library - so depending on which part of Greenwood you live in, you should be able to find something there. You can also check out the Greenwood Community Center - they offer many activities/classes also.

Congratulations on the new family member. I am a nurse at Community South and we offer a one evening sibling class for big brothers. Your boys are the perfect age. Call ###-###-#### for a tour, more info.

Hi B.,
Try the Johnson County public library website. www.jcplin.org
It has a calendar of events each month for 3 different library branches in your area. The city of Greenwood has lots of activities on their website to. www.greenwood.in.gov. There are also quite a few churches in Greenwood that have lots of things to do throughout the week and on the weekends. Hope this helps. D.

There is a church in center grove (that's not too far from you) Emmanuel Church on Stones Crossing and they have a sports program there called Upward that my son participated in for about 5 years. Also the greenwood library has some preschool activities such as story time and crafts. Garfield Park and conservatory also has some programs for young children.

www.signsationalkids.com for more info

I would check the greenwood library website for different activities. the greenwood library is nice and offer activities for both ages (Plus it would be cheap). I haven't been to bouncertown is that entertaining for a 15month old you think? Also the YMCA near southport is nice and has lots of options.

Try the YMCA at Stop 11 & Shelby St. in Indpls. for excellent sport programs. (There is also a YMCA in Nashville in Brown County that may be useful when on a family outing.) The Marion County libraries have summer reading programs and activities, see if the Greenwood library also has one. Make friends with a few mothers at Preschool - invite them over for a "preschool session chat" that may lead to a regular rotating get together and play dates for the children. The Indianapolis Muesum of Art (38th & Northwestern Ave.) is free and has children's programing. Welcome to Indiana.

the greenwood public library has awesome storytime for both ages

1 / 3