Activities for 18 Month Old

Ok, so i was wondering what kind of activities i can do with my 18 month old, Mia. She is very active, and with the cold weather, she is going stir-crazy. I am so tired of just popping in a Dora DVD or reading to her. I want something different. I work full time so on my days off, i feel like a bad momma cause there isn't anything that i can think of to do with her. I live in Tulsa. Any advice would be great.

Hi L.. My name is M. and I live in Broken Arrow. I am a stay at home mom to a 15 month old boy. My friend has an 18 month old girl and she takes her to Promenade Mall to the play area. She said it's not as busy as Woodland Hills play area and her daughter loves it. I have another friend who works full time and she takes her 22 month old daughter to the play area in the McDonalds at 101st and Elm. My son still crawls so we haven't done those things yet.

Hey!!! If you go to www.cityoftulsa.org and click on the recreation link on top it takes you to the park guide. You can sign her up for certain classes. Tuesdays at whiteside park from 10-11 there is a bikes, balls and you time. They open the gym up to kids, it's 50 cents per kid, and bring a little ride on toy. They have all kinds of things for them to play with, it's 5 and under. It's also a good way to meet other moms with kids your age.

Hey I live in Tulsa too and was just remedying the same situation with my kids. I'm getting a family pass to the Jenks aquarium from my relatives, we're going to join the YMCA for Mommy and Me, gymnastics, pool and workout, and anytime the sun is out and the temp goes up a tiny bit we go for walks, bike rides or wagon rides, and we run around the backyard and play on the swingset. Also, bubble blowing is a fun activity. We dance to music, play with their toys and play in the bath. Hope that helps.

L.: I moved out of Tulsa a few months ago, but when I needed to get out of the house with my little ones in the cold weather, these were some of my stops:
The library - each branch has a mommy & me reading time during the week, you can check on time for schedule
Woodland hills mall - the play area near JC Penney
Chuck E Cheese: at 71st and Memorial Even at that age, they love all the games even if they can't play them right. There is also the big tube thing for them to climb thru
Incredible Pizza - near 71st and Memorial - ditto to Chuck E Cheese
I didn't go when I was in Tulsa, but both the Borders and Barnes and Noble in my new city have kids reading times, so you may want to check those out in Tulsa.
Don't worry, playground weather is just around the corner!

Ideas:
-play play dough
-paint (paint with water books are not as messy)
-play puppets with her
-go outside and use some sidewalk chalk
-go to the zoo
-go to the aquarium (get a membership, you can go more often and it is affordable that way)
-go out and run errands - take her to the grocery store with you
-go for a walk around the block
-have her take a mid-day bath, my kids love that and I let them take a nice long bath and play
-blow bubbles outside
-go to McDonalds or Chic-fil-a for lunch and let her play on the playland

Tulsakids.com is a great website for local, sometimes free activities for all ages that are listed under calendar on the site. It is split up into types of events like storytime at a library or gymnastic classes; and then by age. Miller Swim School offers swim classes for her age that it indoors. Hope this helps.

Hey L.. I live in Tulsa as well. And when my daughter was that young she used to be really into dress up and "looking like mommy" so I bought her a box full of dress up clothes and we used to just sit in front of the mirror and put on some of my old make up. Or I would buy some of the play make up that you can get at the store. We would take turns fixing eachother up and then we would take pictures. And make a scrap book. This kept her really intertained and made the day go by alot faster. Hope this helps!

1 / 3