Activities for 15 Month Olds

I am a SAHM looking for new activities to do with my son. He loves playing outside, but when its really hot outside I don't let him go out. We read books and play with his toys but I am wanting to do educational stuff with him, just not sure what is approarite for his age. Any suggestions?

Where do you live? I saw Liberty somewhere? There is a local moms club chapter there.
www.geocities.com/momsclubofkansascity

Hope that hellps!

The BA library has a great story and song time on Wed. @ 10:30 and 2:00. I enjoy that. Also tomarrow I am taking my daughter to a Learning through music class at the Hardesty Library. Can't remember what time. Call me if you want info. I am also a part of ____@____.com We have LOTS of fun playdates. I highly recommend it. We are having a huge Garage sale Saturday as a fundraiser if you would like to meet some moms. My number ###-###-####. -C.

I took my 15 month old daughter to our first Kindermusik class today and loved it! The class was small, fun and the music was great. I highly recommend it.

We got a book called Wonderplay at Barnes and Noble it has a lot of good ideas of things to do with your child to expand their horizons.

Also we go to story time at a local library and you can learn all sorts of songs to sing with them to help them learn words and learn motor skills.

Getting into a moms group might also be great because they do different activities for kids.

Some malls have a free play area for kids where you can go early before the mall opens and meet other moms and make contacts.

Gymboree also has a play center in some cities where they have tumbling classes and different activities for different ages to develop specific skills.

Maybe try some of these websites for different groups or ideas.

www.Kindermusik.com

www.matchingmoms.org/local_info/United_States.Kansas/Sedg...

www.newcomersclub.com/ks.html

www.childavenue.com/pages/playgroups_pages/playgroups_ks....

www.mops.org/

We have a free play group at my center the third Friday of the month. 11:30-12:30. We also have a "Baby Bodies" group going on right now, which is either drop off or stay with your child. It has kiddos 15 mos. to 2 years old in it. It's a motor group. If you're interested, I can give you more information. Do you live in St. Louis?

At 15 months I would focus on colors, shapes, animals, letters and numbers. I used to focus on a letter a week and we would learn different objects that started with that letter. At that age they are stimulated visually so lots of picture books, blocks, and big soft plastic letters and numbers would be your best choices.

I belong to an orginization called MOMSClub. There are chapters all over the country, and they are great for meeting new kids and moms. My boys and I usually go to a couple of activities a week, and they have so much fun, and I get to sit around and talk to other ADULTS!! Check out their website to see if there is a chapter in your area. http://www.momsclub.org/

www.geocities.com/momsclubofkansascity

Hope that hellps!

Hi, M....you might look into something like Kindermusik. You can find a teacher in your area at www.kindermusik.com These music and movement classes are for newborns to 7 yr-olds (and caregivers) and are split up into different age ranges or there is a class where you can bring one or more children of different ages. Music and movement activities stimulate development in every area of the brain: language, cognitive, emotional, physical, social. It is really a wonderful program. There are also home materials that include CDs, activity books, literature books, instruments...so you can continue the fun at home! The classes are once a week for 30-45 minutes, depending on the class, and are 15 lessons in the Fall and Spring. Summer is also 30-45 minutes, depending on the class, and is usually 5 lessons, which are held once a week or everyday or every other day, etc. Just depends on the educator's schedule. ~L.

1 / 3