Acne During Pregnancy

Hello all, i need a little help here. i am currently pregnant with #2 and it seems that ever since i found out, my face has broken out horribly. Right now i'm trying this acne-free facial cleanser then using an oil free severe acne lotion afterwards, but nothing seems to be helping. i know i need to drink more water but my husband and i were both sick with a stomach virus a few weeks back and now all i have been wanting is ginger ale. it's the only thing i drink anymore it seems. i do drink milk in the mornings and occasionally at night but water really isnt in the mix at the moment. i also started a pregnancy workout dvd, it's called preggie bellies workout for 2 and let me tell you, if you are pregnant and looking to stay fit the whole 9 months you should do this video, it's awesome, not over exerting and you use an exercise ball for all the cardio and ab work. it's a really great workout for pregnant and postpartum mommies :) but back to the question at hand, if anyone has any suggestions as what to use for my acne that would be great. i feel look horrible and my husband had made comments about it too but i keep telling him it should get better after the baby. i just dont feel pretty like i used to considering i had just finally lost all the weight of my first pregancy and then BOOM out of nowhere i am pregnant again. any and all suggestions would be appreciated.

Also, has anyone experienced upper back pain/spasms during pregnancy? for the past couple of days i have been waking up with pain/spasms between my shoulder blades. i was at walmart the other day and almost dropped my 2 year old getting him out of the cart it hurt that bad. some things i do make it worse but this morning all i did was move my arm and i got the sharp pain again, it only last a few seconds or so but the pain is constantly there. could it be that i need a more supportive bra or just need to stretch those muscles out more often?

i never had any of these problems while pregnant with my son so this is sorta new to me...

I had the same thing with the acne. what helped me the most:
pull hair back as much as possible.
orgins mint face wash! and you only need a tiny tiny bit.
water
also I switched to bare minerals make up. It really helped too!

good luck and try not to stress, that helps too

Dear Terri,
I don't remember much acne with my son, but when I got pregnant with my daughter (like you, right after I finally lost all but the last few pounds of baby weight from my son), it seemed like my face went into triple-overdrive on the oil production. Since I'm a Mary Kay consultant, I used the Combintation to Oily 3-in-1 cleanser & moisturizer, and spot-treated with the acne treatment gel. That combination really seemed to do the trick for me.
Naturally, you should try to get your water intake up, and the sode intake down, but at this point, even balancing it 1/2 & 1/2 ~ deciding that after one glass/can of soda you can't have more until you've drunk at least that much water as well.
I also had back problems with my daughter, and I would recommend a good heating pad. However, a word of caution, DON'T use it while sleeping & of course, only on your back, neck, shoulders, and NEVER on your belly.
Good luck with your pregnancy. I said a prayer for you & your family!

My left shoulder blade hurt through my whole pregnancy - my doc said it was the way my body was compensating for the weight. Massage and a heating pad was really the only relief I got from that until my daughter was born - then it was other shoulder/neck pains from carrying her and breastfeeding;)

As for the acne, mention it to your doc at your next prenatal appt. After the first trimester, my doc let me use a lot more stuff in general, so perhaps there is something safe he/she can recommend. It is definitely hormones and will go away when #2 is with you!

Sounds like this pregnancy could be a girl...lol!! I had such acne when i was pregnant and some funky pains also. Just a fun thought...

Hi My name is K. Wildman

I would like to introduce you to a new company called Rodan and Fields, Yes they are the Dermatologists that created PROACTIV. Their new company has come out with new formulas for many skin types and has just recently been introduced to our area, in fact I am the first consultant in PA. Please check out the Website at

WWW.healthyglow.myrandf.com for more information about the products, and if you would be interested in placing an order or starting your own business with Rodan and Fields please send me a email at ____@____.com We are bound to do well with the foundation and credibility of the products.

Thank you for your time

K. Wildman

pull hair back as much as possible.
water

Your hormones are going nutts there isn't much you can do. When I was preg the same thing happend to me, things went back to normal after I had my kids.

I currently use acne free products. It is a 3 step system consisting of a cream cleanser, toner, and a repair lotion. It took about 3 weeks of using it to clear my skin but I have had only the occassional small break outs since starting this product. I have bought mine at Walmart. You use this product twice a day, once in the morning and once at night. I have oily skin that breaks out constantly and this is the first product to truly help me.

Terri,
I would offer this advice:
Use a good cleanser on your face and make sure to wash it after your workout video :)
Go pamper yourself with a hair appointment and/or mani/pedi as often as you can and relax about your looks. Try to really enjoy being pregnant!
As for the back pain--maybe a correlation between it and the workout?

1 / 3