Acne Cure for 10 Year Old

Hi, My son is 10-1/2 years old and his forehead is really starting to break out. I've had him washing his face with Noxeima in the shower at night and also using a stringent on his face in the mornings. Does anyone have a product that they have used that might help him not develop a bad case of acne? Thank you

Thank you to all of you who responded so quickly! What great advice!!! I'm going to change his "cleaning" habit and try a couple of the over the counter products recommended for a month or so and see if it clears up. I've already talked to him about changing his eating (he's not bad but could be better) and drinking more water. Also the recommendations for a good multi-vitamin was a great idea. I appreciate all your advice. M.

My son started using ProActiv Solution when he was 14 or 15. It is a bit pricey (around $45 per month, with shipping and handling), but it does work. My son (now 22) has a beautiful complexion and no acne scars. I got it by mail, but have seen kiosks in both Arden Fair mall and Roseville Galleria off and on. For more info go to their website at specialoffer.proactiv.com. They are offering a 50% discount for new customers.

I am a Body Shop Consultant, and we have Tea Tree products that really work great! Let me know if you would like to sample some.
Thanks,
Cynthia
www.thebodyshopathome.com/web/cflesher
###-###-####

Don't forget he's 10 1/2. He's probably going through puberty. Talk to his pedi before you go out spending a ton of money on things that will not work. His body is changing. This too shall pass.

I would use benzyl peroxide! You can buy a "Panoxyl" bar at any pharmacy store like Longs (around $8) that has benzyl peroxide but is not too harsh. He may need to use a light moisturizer after. If it does not get better I would take him to the dermatologist because at that age sin problems can really have an effect on his self esteem.

My daughter started breaking out at age 10 also. She doesn't like soda and only drinks water and milk. She has been using Pro-Activ for a year now and her skin looks great!

I would have him use some sort of exfoliating wash each day.

Unfortunately, there is NO cure for ACNE yet however, it is treatable & preventable!
Experts say 95% of teenager boys & 90% of teenages girls will eventually get some form of ACNE, and for women it can last for 20 years or more! Have you tried the UNBLEMISH by Rodan and Fields Dermatologists?
They are the same creators of Proactiv Solutions, however this is their high end "Medical Grade" line up until recently found only in high end department stores such as Nordstrom etc...
This line works wonders on ACNE and changes the skin inside out! My niece who is 11 uses it - under a parents direction.
I worked for Chanel (cosmetics) at the time and they did not have a product that worked. So a friend introduced me to the Line by Rodan + Fields(Creators or Proactiv)and I have been hooked on it ever since!
They do use a combination of FDA approved OTC medications this is what helps treat & prevent the acne...you need to be diligent and use it as directed- you both will love the results- it's amazing!
Plus it's 100% money back guarantee to work! The UNBLEMISH LINE comes in a 2 months supply - 8 weeks - it will take that long to treat, correct and prevent what's coming up on his skin. Make sure to always use a broadspectrum sunscreen and apply it every 2 hours when out in the sun.
Here's a link to check it out for yourself. Best Wishes!

www.rodanandfields.com/christineolson

Proactive. Works great! My 16 year old uses it, and his complexion is beautiful. Just make sure you buy white towels... it will bleach colored towels!

M.,
Here is what the Pediatrician told our 15 year old to do.
Change the pillow case once a week. Wash your face in the
sink only, the shower water gets too hot and invites in too much bacteria. Wash at night with an antibacterial soap and put acne treatment on the spots then. Wash it off in the morning with a mild soap. That was our starting point. Let me know how this goes, and I will tell you what was next if it does not help. the doc recomended a benzoyl
peroxide to start, and a light moisturizer during the day to prevent overdrying. We had no luck with the pro activ
and have better luck with the salacylic acid than the
benzoyl peroxide. Good Luck, W.

Hello,
I have 4 boys & a girl(21,19,16,14,12) that all have acne & I took them to the dermatologist & he recommended Neutrogena, I got them the bar & so fare so good...You might think of trying it:)

Good Luck!!!

1 / 3