Acceptable Price for Housekeeping?? Mesa/Gilbert

Hello~
My husband and I both work full time and we've decided it is time to hire a housekeeper. A friend of mine referred a housekeeper to me but I think she charges a little high for my small home. I have a 3 bedroom (only 2 of which would need cleaning because the 3rd is full of baby stuff etc.) & 2 (small) bathrooms and my home is less than 1800 square ft. My friend's home is 3 story and 3500 square ft. and the housekeeper charges her $85 bi-weekly. I was expecting her to quote me quite a bit less given the size variation... and she quoted me the same! I haven't gotten any other quotes, and I think it is a good idea to get a reference that is dependable and trustworthy; however, I think that price is a little high. Can anyone offer any suggestions as to how much is reasonable? I have read posts regarding housekeepers in the east valley and thought about giving some of the referred housekeepers a call but I want to get some feedback first. Thanks!

I found a housekeeper who charges $20 an hr. She comes to my one story 3100sq ft home and cleans it in 3 1/2 hrs sometime 4 hrs if we had a crazy month. She comes whenever I need her to, I have not set a schedule with her...right now I call her to come over about every 3 weeks. I was doing every other week but she would come and the house was still pretty clean and once a month seemed too long. She lives in Queen Creek. But if you are interested I can ask her if she would want to go Mesa/Gilbert and from there give you her number. She does a very good job. And the way I heard about her is she grew up with my bother in law so he has known her for years.

Hi T., My name is P. Masaquaptewa and live in Mesa. Are you wanting a full time housekeeper or to clean once a week when necessary? The going price right now is $15.00 without supplies to $20.00/hr. with supplies on house cleaners. So I'm not sure what you are requiring. I work full time but do house cleaning on weekends. You may call my employer NATURx @ ###-###-#### for references regarding my cleaning ability. I work there full time in the shipping/receiving department but do their weekly cleaning also. I have also cleaned for another very nice lady and her family over the weekend. I worked for a short time with Maid Brigade also. I am Native American (Hopi-Tewa) from Northern Arizona but live in Mesa now. You may contact me at ###-###-#### during working hours or at ###-###-#### or ###-###-#### in the evenings. Or through this page. Thank you, P.

I have no idea what the rates are, but I would ask myself, "how much would I need to clean this house for someone else?"

Sometimes the smaller homes are harder to clean because there is less space, and thus more things to manuever around, which takes more time and effort than cleaning "empty space".

My sister is in the Gilbert area and cleans. Her name is Carefully Cleaned By Chris. Her number is ###-###-####. Im also a designer and recomend her to my clients. Family or not I would never recomend someone I was not comfortable with. Most cleaning people are by the hour not the size of the house. Good luck

You are right it seems a bit high for your size house.

However, if you have the same number of bathrooms and since you both have kitchens then your houses are not that much different - those are the time consuming areas. It also depends on the amount of clutter, surfaces and knick knacks. So how long does it take to REALLY clean your house and multiple times a decent hourly rate.

Also, if she has been cleaning your friend's for awhile she may have raised her prices on new clients so she doesn't have to go back to existing. It is very hard to up prices when you clean houses - even if you deserve it. So you look to new clients to balance.

Phoenix is VERY high for cleaning. I've been quoted as much as $25 - 30 a hour (one person). My mother still makes $15 an hour in Illinois (I think she's a bargain). I'm paying $90 for about 6 hours. I thought it was high until I saw the job she did...now I'm giving up lunching out to have my house cleaned.

I am a realtor in east valley, and I have been using 2 girls for the past 5 years for all my real estate needs. They are dependable and very reasonable. Although I can not quote you a price as every home is different. Give Veronica a call at 480/238-7459. Good Luck! M. Avila/Arizona Elite Properties 480/232-5555

Hi T.,

$85 2X/mo is a great price! If she is giving that same price for a 3500 sq ft home, she's probably doing her a favor. For my 2700 home, I've paid anywhere from $200 - $400/mo for bi-weekly service...$200 being EXTREMELY low. I can't even get service for $200/mo any more.

Good luck! :)

Warm Regards,
G. Van Luven
Healthy Habits Wellness Center, LLC
###-###-####

Warm Regards,

Hi T.!

I think that is a bit expensive. Our home in east Mesa is about the same size and we pay our cleaning lady $60 bi-weekly. She comes with her daughter and they are done usually within 2 hours. She was referred by a very good friend of mine who's house is about 2500sq ft and she charges her $75 bi-weekly.

Working full time, being mommy AND cleaning is hard! Hope you find what you need.

1 / 3