About to Be Referred to Pain Management Specialist

My doctor has been unable to help me control my pain. I take a Depo Medrol shot every two weeks and it lasts about one week. I take other daily pain meds and Celebrex. I did not want to do pain management, but am now desperate as the pain brings me to tears. Here is the dilema... I got a referral to see the pain management doctor, but upon investigation and word of mouth from one of his previous patients I find that he is rated quite poorly. One review said if they could give him a negative number they would. I have printed out all these reviews to take to my PCP and am going to ask that he refer me to a different doctor. Am I over reacting or playing it safe? This involves surgical implantation of a morphine pump.

I don't know who you were reffered to or what area you are in, but my husband has been seeing a pain specialist for the last couple of years and has been happy with him. It is Dr. Jerry Lewis - he has offices in Plano, Frisco, and McKinney. He has a webiste - it is www.lewispain.com. Hope that helps. I know from my hubby's experiences how horrible it is to be in constant pain. Good luck to you!

Hi Julie,

I know my mom had severe Fibromyalgia pain, and after one month she has no symptoms. I could give you a lot info and this product one product does it all, but for right now I'm sure you just want to know does it work? I will give you any info you need, just ask. Here is the web site with all the testimonies www.healthtalkatlanta.com/more
My phone number is ###-###-#### call me and I'll tell you how you can get a great discount. Scroll down to read what numbers to listen to.

To your freedom from pain,

Listen to…

ADD/ADHD
#11, 12, 18, 29
Eczema
#19
Allergies
#23
Fibromyalgia
#22, 24, 28, 36, 39, 41
Arthritis
#1, 7, 18, 27, 46
Headaches
#1
Aspergers
#29
Heart
#27, 30, 39
Asthma
#42
Hemorrhoids
#39
Blood Pressure
#3, 6, 21, 34, 43, 47
Liver Spots
#39
Cancer
#4, 37, 39, 42
Lupus
#39
Children’s issues
#5, 29, 32, 33, 40
MS
#17, 31
Colitis
#35
Pain
#3, 14, 17, 20, 22, 25, 33, 34, 37, 38, 47
Crohn’s
#22
PMS
#8
Chronic Fatigue
#41
Psoriasis
#16
Circulation
#34
Seizures
#5
Depression
#18, 31
Sleeping Problems
#1, 28, 31
Diabetes
#2, 26, 46
Stroke
#9, 10, 15, 27, 47

I am a Case Manager and work with several pain specialists. I recommend Jerry Holubec, DO ###-###-#### for the consult. He has a partner, Wesley Merritt, MD who, if indicated, can perform the surgical implantation of a morphine pump. Both are very good and I have referred patients to Dr. Holubec for years. You can call their office and speak with Kim. Hang in there.

My husband just began seeing a pain specialist before Christmas. He has chronic back/neck pain. So far he likes the Dr., no complaints. The procedure he had is where they put steroids into your spinal fluid via an epidural. I may be a little off on the jargon. Anyway, he had one treatment before Christmas and he was still in severe pain. So he just went Friday for another treatment. He should feel relief in about 10 max. We really hope this helps, as he has been in pain for 15+ years. He's tried surgery, pain killers, inversion table, acupuncture, acupressure, massage therapy, chiropractic and I'm some other form that I'm forgetting. Point being, this procedure is hopefully the last in a long list. His Dr. is in Richardson at Baylor Pain Mgmt Center, Dr. Haynesworth.

As far as the actual procedure goes, I think it was pretty easy. You do get a sedative prior to the epidural. You get an I.V. and when you finally get the procedure it takes only minutes. You do have to stay for about 30 min for observation. You'll definitely need someone to drive you. My hubby was told you stay on the couch or in bed for 24 hours so that the medicine doesn't stray from it's intended area.

I'm not sure if this info helps you at all, but thought I'd at least respond. I hope that you get some relief. Sounds like you really need it.

What is the source of your pain? I have Fibromyalgia and problems with my lower spine. I see two different doctors. If you have something similar I will send you their names.

Good luck on your search!

P.

I see patients like you everyday. Always given more and more medication, but never given the answer of "why do I feel this way"? Your body is giving you very painful signals that something is wrong and the meds are just simply covering it up. It's not healing you or getting to the cause of the problem, you're just merely surviving. I'm sure I'm not telling you anything you don't know. Have you ever been evaluated nutritionally? Maybe you have seen a chiropractor, but did you know that there are over 250 different types of chiropractic and it's worth the research to find the one that will help you? I'm an upper cervical chiropractor and no matter where you live you can find a qualified doctor near you. There is a patient advocate website, built by patients such as yourself, that gives you research and a list of practitioners in your area. The website is: www.upcspine.com. Remember, just because it's upper cervical work doesn't mean that it just works for the neck. It works on the most neurologically dense area of the nervous system, at the brain stem level to help restore normal nerve system funtion. There is no twisting or torqueing of the neck or other areas of the spine and is gentle enough for an infant, yet extremely effective. All legitimate chiropractors will give a complimentary consultation. Basically it's an interview for you to get to know the doctor and hear what will be done during the exam. If you choose to go forward with the exam, you should know the cost up front. Then after the exam, the doctor will then tell you what films are to be taken and the cost involved with those as well. Straight forward, education about what is occurring and answer to your question "why????" Chiropractors look for the more subtle changes in the nerve system, the medical world looks at gross pathology and then tries to cover it up. If they can't find anything, they put you on countless meds and antidepressants just to quiet you down. I see it everyday. Most come into my office as a last resort and it just breaks my heart. But, upper cervical care get results where nothing else did. God Bless and I hope you find what you're looking for.

I just read your request. I'm so sorry to hear of your suffering. Have you tried acupuncture? I have worked for the first licensed acupuncturist in Texas, Dr. Chung-Hwei Chernly, for 8+ years. We help people with chronic pain everyday and many of them are referred by PCP's & Pain Mgmt Dr.s. If you have not tried a course of acupuncture, I would highly recommend that you do so immediately and definately before having anything as serious as what you are looking at being done. Plus, what must all those meds be doing to your poor body?

Oh, and don't doubt yourself. If that many patients are displeased, why set yourself up for more pain or stress? You need help, not another headache. Besides, that's exactly why you checked him out right? I wouldn't risk it. If you want, give me a call at ###-###-#### and I'll answer any question, call your insurance for you to see if they cover acupuncture, or even tell you the Dr.s that have referred their patients to us so you'll have more to choose from. You can also check us out on www.drchernly.com. We have a very extensive website. Good Luck in what ever you decide,and may the Lord bless you with wisdom and peace through this delima and I ask for His will to be healing you from your pain. In Jesus' name I pray, Amen

play it safe. it's your body and life. you have to be your own advocate. you will not regret it.

1 / 3