A Mouse Died Under My Kitchen Cabinets Andn It STINKS!

A mouse has died underneath my kitchen cabinets and it stinks to high heaven. How can I remove it without tearing out the whole kitchen cabinet?

My husband borrowed a jigsaw to saw a small hole through the floor of the cabinets. He fished out the dead mouse and things smell muuuuuuuuch better.

What do ya'll wanna bet that I'll be back in 6 months complaining about my crummy kitchen cabinets with holes in them? :-)

We think we had one also -- in a wall! There was an access panel to the pipes for a bathtub, and we looked in as far as possible, but couldn't find it. Then I even had a pest control company see if they could find it and they couldn't either. After several days the smell finally went away. In the meantime we used a lot of air freshners, but now I can't use that type of air freshner anymore because it reminds me of the bad mouse smell. I hope you find it!

Usually under your cabinets is a front board. I don't know what it's called but it's like a kick plate. It should just be nailed in. Get down there and see if you can see nailheads. If you can get a screw driver and go to the end and try to pry the board back toward you. It should come off. Good Luck.

My sister kept smelling a stink in her laundry room. Eventually it went away. Then they found one under her washer or dryer when moving.

I had a mouse get stuck in the front panel of the stove underneath where the knobs are. I have never smelled anything so bad. My friend had to pull the whole stove out, get a flashlight and that's when he saw it's little butt. He had to use pliers or tweezers or something to pull it out. I do think the smell got better (or should I say less smelly) as the days went by, but it was about 2 weeks or something, if I remember correctly.

1 / 3