A Job......

I really need a job, I have been unemployed for 2 years and I have looked my heart out , and nothing , I am looking for a Clerical or Data Entry job or at a Doctor"s office for appointment setting.. I live in the passaic county area if anyone knows of any thing please contact me....

Nothing has happened yet. as a matter afact it is getting worse my state insurance was terminated due to i make too much money ! guess what 400 dollars every 2 weeks from unemployment barely pays anything , and now i have received a letter from them telling me i am getting my last check from them and no more due to the state is no longer giving anymore extentions. Oh dear Jesus , what is going to happen to my family, i feel so despaired.... and it couldnt be at the worst time my teenage daughter is going to her first year of high school.... help me god!

I can't help, but I can give you an idea. I work at a major university in their Med School Dept of Prev medicine on a research grant. Universities just got a TON of money from the stimulus grant and we have a whole bunch of positions available. We hire people to set appointments for participants to come in to be a part of studies, but we also do all sorts of medical data entry etc.
I would start by looking at the Universities in your area in their research departments!

Good Luck - I know how frustrating it can be. I was also unemployed for 2 years before I found this job!

Try to get involved with a temp agency.

I am ex Frito Lay exec and we hired people from the temp pool because we already knew if they were good, punctual and fit in.

Best wishes

When I was in my externship for school one of the girls told me to go through the phone book and just start faxing my resumes to places. Be persistent and apply for anything you think you can do. I wish you luck. I'm in the same boat you are, not as long but still looking.

Your best bet is to register with a temporary agency even if you're looking for a permanent full time position. It's often a good way to get your foot in the door and make some contacts. Also, many temp agencies also offer permanent placement.

Have you considered going back to school and getting some more experience? There are thousands of qualified people that can do clerical and data entry and only a few jobs available.

Have you been chkg on Craiglist for your area daily? In this area there are many jobs posted there each day in all fields. A;lso you may consider going ck to take some courses on medical transcription at a local community college in your area if you are fast at data entry? I know transcriptionists used to be in demand and paid better than regular clerical work. ALso are you registered with a temporary staffing service that does clerical placement? They are genereally free, they just need to test your typing and DE skills and may be able to place you at a temp job that down the road may turn into a permanent position. You may also just want to do random temp work if you have transportation to get some income. Good luck, hope this helps.

I'm not sure if you are still looking for work but I work for a company that is nationwide and I love it!! We sell authentic designer jeans and market them through in home parties. We are in 30 different states and we aren't in NY yet. Lots of room for growth!! If you get 8 different people that are interested in your area then you could be a regional coordinator and have inventory for your consultants to use. You make 18-24% commission plus 4% commission off your inventory when it exceeds 4,000/mo in sales. The company is www.vaultdenim.com My supervisor does conference calls weekly. Let me know if you are interested and I can get you more information!!

Take Care
Salt Lake City, Utah

1 / 3