A Gift for My OB and His Office Staff

I am due to deliver next week. #5!! It's going to be a full house around here! Anyway, my OB is in a practice by himself with a small office staff (1 nurse, 1 office asst.). Would it be appropriate to get them each a gift after I deliver? They've all given me such individual attention my whole 9 months. And, if so, then what would be a good gift? Thanks!

I think it is very appropriate! I am a giver! It shows that you appreciate the time and care they have given you. My suggestion would be a plant. They can put it in the office and it will last.

And by the way, Congratulations on the baby!!

I used to bring my doctor and staff homemade cookies, muffins,etc. Sometimes they were still warm out of the oven - they loved that. It sounds like a small token, but homemade comes from the heart and who doesn't love a freshly baked cookie?!

It is almost always appropriate to show someone appreciation- and if giving a gift is what you feel led to do- then I say go for it! What you want to give will be based on how much you want to spend and how much energy you have at that time (sounds like your hands are full!). Gift cards to a restaurant that delivers might be nice if home baked things are too much work for you at that time. Also- what staff in a doc's office wouldn't appreciate some good smelling antibacterial hand things from Bath and Body Works?

Hello G. - I would be happy to help you with that if you wish - I am a Mary Kay beauty consultant, and we have a lovely selection of things, many for women, but also some nice gifts for me. I will wrap and deliver them for you if you wish - it's part of my holiday gift giving service. You can visit www.marykay.com/pgabe and contact me through there, or just e-mail me through mamasource.

Congratulations!

My first (and only so far) was born 2 years ago at the end of Oct. I had some problems with my pregnancy so not only did I see the doctor all the freaking time but I also saw the Sonogram Dr a lot. They were all so nice to me that I felt the same way you did. So around x-mas I bought several baskets and filled them up with all sorts of snacks. Some healthy and some not so healthy. I attached a christmas card with my daughter's pic on it and wrote a nice thank you note on the back. I delivered them when I went for my 6 week check up. (I also gave a basket to the nurses who took care of me for 4 days after the delivery). I sort of thought that with that kind of business they were probably always at the hospital and might not have some good snacks to eat.

I think other ideas you could do would be movie tickets or gift cards. Congratulations on your new baby!

I sent my doctor and staff a bouquet of fruit dipped in chocolate. They said that they loved it.

Why not, however I would think maybe delivering breakfast/lunch or something might be acceptable as well.

I used to work in a large OBGYN practice. Alot of our patients brought gifts with them at the post partum visit. They would bring large cookie platters for everyone or some just brought gifts for the Dr. and nurse. Because you go to a small practice I think it is very appropriate to get individual gifts. I am sure they would greatly appreciate it.

1 / 3