9 Months Pregnant and Need Help with Cold That Won't Go Away!!

Okay...so I'm now 2 weeks away from my scheduled c-section and I've been trying to get rid of a cold for over a month now with no success. I'm hoping that someone might be able to give me some suggestions. I had a cold, it then turned into a sinus infection...which I then treated with an antibotic for 10 days. The sinus pain has now gone, but I'm still trying to get over the severe congestion and cough. I've been using a cool mist humidifier at night, sudafed, robitussin, saline spray for my nose, nedi-pot...nothing is working!!! Not only am I 37 weeks pregnant, but miserable because I can't breathe. I'm so sore because all I do is cough and blow my nose! I was told by my doctor during my 2nd trimester that I needed to start taking an iron supplement along with my prenatal vitamin, but now I'm wondering if it might be causing the congestion. Does anyone know anything about this...or anything that might help me. I will try just about anything as long as it's safe for use during pregnancy.
Thank you all for your help!

Try these couple of tricks... drink warm water and eat saltines, or you can drink warm lemaonade. They are both non medical ways to help ease your discomforts. Or, instead of the lemonade, try the Celestial Seasonings Lemon Zinger tea-it's caffeine free, and has helped me through my pregnancy when I couldn't take anything. Good Luck on your c-section!!!(I'm scheduled for the 24th to be induced)

Trust me I know, I had a cold the whole 9 months. The day my son was born the cold left with the indigestion and I didnt see either one again. It is just something that comes with being pregnant and nothing you can take for it.

Hey Candance,

Check with your doctor to make sure it's safe, but I've been hearing great things about Ziacam. It's a little expensive, but those in my family who've used it, were remarkable improved with in two days. It's a swab for your nose that you use twice a day, I know for the first day. It could be something to look into.

A.

Hi C.
The same thing happened to me! I had to use a spray to breath and after the twins were borned it went away? And I wasn't hooked on the spray... It was one of those 12 hour sparys and you are far enough along that it shouldn't harm the baby ... my twins are now 23 yrs old... Good luck! B.

i know i am a little late in responding to this but have an idea! I have taken Cold-Eeze (I have only used the Target brand). I think they SHOULD be safe but I don't know for sure if they are safe during pregnanacy but am going to find out for myself - i also am pregnant. It is basically Zinc lozenges that you suck on. Drink lots of fluids and they make the cold go away FAST! They, like ALL medications, have a warning to talk to your doctor if pregnant or breastfeeding. I have referred alot of friends to use these and they all come back saying that they are like Magic!

I took Claritin D. It's safe to use and it helped me alot. My doctor told me to use it, but you might ask your doctor first. To me it was a little expensive, but who can put a price on relief. Congratulations on your upcoming arrival!!
R.

1 / 3