9 Month Old's Menu

Can you tell me what your 9 month old typically eats during the day? How much formula? How much baby food? How often? If he/she eats finger foods and what kinds? Do you offer juice in a sippy cup? Thanks!!

My son is 16 months, so I can't remember what he ate exactly, but this is about when we started beans (kidney, lima, edamame). They are high in fiber and protein and he just loves them. Try to get low salt or soak them for a while because they do tend to have a high salt content. They are a great protein altermative if you do not have a meat eater or you find it hard to make it small enough etc. They travel really well too!

I keep a 9 month old in my home, i feed him a full bottle about 730 then about 10-1030 we do a container of fruit with granola in it, then about 1200 we do an veggie & fruit then between 200 & 300 another full bottle, his mom gives him a veggie & fruit at dinner and at bedtime another full bottle. He was and is a big baby weighing 10 11 oz at birth so he has been eating since he was 4months old....so I cannot remember what my daughter at at these ages as she is 5 now. I do know I did not give her fruit until she was 6 months old.....hope this helps

9 months was about the age when I had to get a little creative with our son's menu. He was ready for new foods but with just 2 bottom teeth, we had to make them soft and small still. He still drank about 16 oz of formula a day. I steam alot of veggies and fruits and keep them in the fridge so they are ready to eat finger foods. Carrots, peeled apples, pears, sweet potatoes, broccoli are good ones to steam. We offered water in a sippee cup and just recently started giving him a small amount of juice mixed with water. We've found some great organic apple juice at Giant Eagle and it comes in juice boxes. I also made him a bolognese sauce with ground meat, diced tomatoes, peas, carrots and chopped onion and a few spices. I cook it from scratch and then puree it and pour it over pastina pasta. Big hit. By 9 months we were done with jarred baby food and onto soft and small versions of "people" food.

My 9 month old will be 10 months July 2. He drinks between 6 and 10 ounces of Similac when he wakes up. (He co-sleeps with me and breast feeds early in the morning before rising and at night before bed.) I allow him to finger feed himself little bits of bread, smashed beans, pizza, cheese, banana, cheerios, etc. I will occasionally give him jars of baby food or use a baby food mill to grind up table food for him. But, mostly I feed him formula. He may take two to three bottles per day depending on his mood. I do not force. I let him determine how much he will consume. So he might take between 12 and 24 ounces of formula per day. I forgot to tell you that even though I feed him from a bottle, I also will feed him from a cup. Even a whole bottle's worth he will gulp down out of a cup. This is important to get baby's used to so that they can transition to cup instead of staying on a bottle.

FEED ME I'M YOURS by Lansky

30 oz of formula a day 2 jars of baby food once at lunch an once at dinner an snacks on puffs an yogurt melts an we are starting them on sippy cups they drink about 8 to 12 oz juice in a day

My youngest just turned 10 months old. Her typical day hasn't changed much since she was 8 months old....

Nurses 10-15 minutes when she wakes up. Breakfast is at the table with the other kids. It's usually cereal like cheerios (any kind) or Mighty Bites and fruit (cut-up banana, apple, pear, etc) with a sippy cup with a few ounces of water in it.

Midmorning snack is nursing for 10-15 minutes and then some cheerios, goldfish crackers, fresh fruit, or cheese. Lunch is at the table with the rest of the family and is whatever we're having... lunchmeat like turkey, cheese, mac & cheese, fruit, veggies (peas, corn, beans, etc), tuna, yogurt, etc etc.

Afternoon snack is same as morning... she nurses for 10-15 minutes before nap and then again when she wakes up. Dinner is whatever the family is having - chicken, pasta, cheese, veggies, whatever. She also nurses for 10-15 minutes at the start of the bedtime routine. She hasnt' had juice yet simply because we rarely buy juice. It's pretty much just soda with vitamin C added anyways. No need for the baby to get that extra sugar. Juice and soda (caffeine-free!) is a ocne or twice a week treat for my older kids.

Up until 9 months I was giving her oatmeal for breakfast but that's when she decided (just like the rest of my kids) that she no longer wanted to be spoon-fed. She's insisting on self-feeding with her fingers so that's how she eats. A 8-10 month old can eat whatever the rest of the family is eating (assuming you eat healthy stuff and not feed the rest of your family junk). You just have to cut it into pea-size bits so they can handle it. Teeth are not necessary for chewing. Babies don't chew with the front teeth anyways and most babies dont' get the molars for chewing until the 2nd year. Babies can gum anything. None of my kids had a tooth until after their first birthday.

I have a almost 10 month old son and we alternate between bottles and food all day. When he first wakes up we give him 6oz bottle then within 2-3 hours we give him cereal with a fruit and in 2-3 hours another bottle (6oz), then in 2-3 hours a jar of veggies and a half jar of fuit, then in 2-3 hours another 6oz bottle, then some times depending on his mood we will give him another helping of a jar and a half of food but sometimes we just do bottles the rest of the night. Sometimes he'll go longer then 2-3 hours in between and sometimes he doesn't always take all of his bottles it just depends on how hungry he is. He'll let you know when he has had enough. Also after each food meal we give him a sippy with juice and water in it to let him play with. he hasn't gotten the hang of how to get anything out but we figured it would help him learn. We've tried some people food like cottage cheese and mashed up bananas but he wasn't too in to it. Well i hope this helps you out. Erica K.

1 / 3