8 Year Old with Breakouts.

My 8 year old is starting to have, what looks like acne breakouts. This just seems so young to me. Hygiene is not an issue, we make sure she washes her hair everyday and cleanses her face in the morning and evening. Any suggestions on products to use to help clear up her breakouts.

I agree with the Mom who said that dairy products may be the culprit. We've switched to organic milk and beef, because the growth hormone they use in dairy cows is really similar to human growth hormone - and I didn't want to have my daughters start puberty just after I got them out of diapers!!

It's expensive, but I think it's worth it. Go organic with the milk, particularly, and I'll bet it clears up.

Everyone from my Grand daughter to my self use Body Satin facial products from Melaleuca They work and the are not expensive because you use so little. If you want to know more about them Just let me know.

I agree that this could be a diet-related condition, and it could even be a signal that your daughter has food allergies or sensitivities.

Wheat, dairy, and sugar all feed yeast, which kills off the friendly bacteria in the body. It's a good idea to avoid all three. Wheat and dairy are two of the most common food allergies and sensitivities.

Wheat compounds allergic reactions, even to other allergens. Dairy contributes to chronic pain and to break-outs. Sugar is feeds yeast and should be replaced with honey or real maple syrup.

Try avoiding all three foods for two weeks to see if her condition improves. My doctor switched me to this diet a year and a half ago, and my health has improved dramatically. It's easier to follow than it seems at first, and the changes in my hair, skin and nails is amazing. If you're interested in a full outline of the plan and some meal ideas and restaurant ordering suggestions, send me a private message and I will send it to you.

Breakouts can also be realated to an imbalance in the acidic and alkaline balance of the body. Make sure she eats a WELL BALANCED DIET and stays away from sugar, sodas, high refined carbs that send the acid levels up in the body. If she was a bit older, I'd recommend ALFALFA. If you do research, you'll find that this is an herb used for acne because it DOES help that balance. Check it out and see what it says in terms of recommended ages/weight, etc. I've know numerous people who've used it for that reason and it's made a HUGE difference - 100% of the time!

My 8 year old son is breaking out also and I have had him start using my Aveno face wash when he takes a bath/shower. Same with my 6 year old daughter since she had a blackhead on her nose that would not go away. I figure it is better to start them now on skin care than wait until they are teenagers!

Mary Kay has Velocity products designed to work with teenage skin. If you'd like more information on these, feel free to let me know.

I suffered from severe acne as a kid. I'm 31 now & still break out after seeing a dermatologist monthly (or every few months) for 10 years. I truly wish you luck -- it's hard to deal with! I think a dermatologist's recommendation is your best way to go.

Hi Angela,

You may try taking her off dairy (milk especially, yogurt, cheese, ice cream) for a period of time (30 days) to see if it clears up. Your doctor will not tell you this, though lately I have heard of doctors acknowledging milk as a culprit in the premature growth and development of girls. Milk has never been a big part of my food and I never had acne issues. My step sister has horrible acne and when she visits it clears 90% within a week. This was not intentional but we don't keep milk in the house and she doesn't ask so misses her daily glass of milk. Is it worth a try?
If it's too hard to avoid all dairy, pick cheese or yogurt and stick to organic for that time.
The short of it is non-organic milk contains growth horomones. A great book: The Unhealthy Truth by Robyn OBrien. As a Health Counselor I see many conditions clear by simply eliminating a food and adding whole nutrient rich foods.
P.

Hi Angela,

It seems young to me also. I'd check with her doc or get an appointment with a dermatologist.

K. Z.

Try to make sure her diet consists of plenty of fruits and vegetables. Drink lots of water. No soda!! If that doesn't help. Try eliminating dairy. The skin is a reflection of what's going on inside of the body. Only diet can help.

1 / 3