8 Week Old Has a Lot of Mucus/sneezing/throwing up - Suggestions?

my 8 week old has been sneezing for the past 3 days, has a ton of mucus (nose, throat) and when he spits up after a feeding it is a lot of mucus (thick and clear) he also has been throwing up a little just clear liquid. both my husband and i were sick (a lot of sneezing, stuffy head) could he have the same thing or could this be something serious like RSV?

RSV is actually on it's way out as the babies that are at very high risk aren't being given RSV shots anymore. Most likely just a cold, the main thing is no rectal fever over 100.4 degrees. Hopefully you called the doc & they were able to help you.

Go to the doctor TODAY. If anything, it will at least give you peace of mind if it is nothing.

Hello,

Sorry to hear that your baby is in so much stress. Are you nursing your baby? If you are not, then check the formula that you are giving him. It may not be organic. The by-products that are in it may be helping your baby's body to produce more mucus.

Hi E.-
I hope the other posts have given you some insight into your little one. I would also like to suggest possible outdoor allergies. I know there are a ton of allergens in the air as everything is coming back to life.
He could have the cold you had - it sounds like the same symptoms you had. The good news there is that you know what to expect out of that cold since you just got over it!
Since your baby is only 8 weeks old, I would call the pediatrician and see if they want you to come in for a check. It can't hurt & it will give you a piece of mind.

call your pediatrician.

You need to call your pediatician...most likely they will have you bring in your child.

Doctor Time...Go there.. And my good wishes and a prayer go with you.

Hi E.,
If you are breast feeding than you you need to stop eating all dairy products. The same thing happened to my kids. It takes about 10-14 days for your body to get rid of all the effects of the dairy. It was an amazing difference once I did this.

1 / 3