8 Months Pregnant- Numb Area on Upper Area of Belly

HEllo!
I have this numb, sometime itchy area on the right upper part of my belly, just below the breast. Has anyone ever experience that during their pregnancy?

I had this too and sometimes it was awful... I would put a cold pack on the area which helped it, but the baby would kick that area so I doubt she liked it to much! It lasted throughout my pregnancy. My doctor told me it was from the nerve endings stretching.

Yep - I had the same thing right in the middle of my upper belly when I was pregnant. I don't recall mentioning it to my doctor so I guess I just thought it was normal. The area above my navel stayed slightly numb up to a few years after my last pregnancy. It must have something to do with the baby pushing all kinds of organs, muscles, and nerves aside as it grows?

Yup... I had it too, with all 4 of my pregnancies. Completely normal. I did ask...

Please call your Dr immediately. There are several syndromes involving your liver while pregnant. Some which can be very dangerous to you and the baby. Your liver is on your right side under you breast. And itching is a sign something could be wrong

I had exactly the same thing when I was pregnant. I mentioned it to the doctor and she wasn't concerned. It hung around for a bit after he was born but eventually went away.

I had this too. Its the skin stretching which makes it numb and itchy.

I'm 8 months and have had an area under my left breast that just feels irritated, but doesn't LOOK irritated. Sometimes my bra irritates the area, but I don't think the bra causes it. It feels kind of like a hot spot or something. I haven't mentioned to the dr either because I just assumed it is part of the pregnancy.

I had it too, but didn't think much of it. I am only now recalling it since you mentioned it. My son is two now and I am fine. I'm 5 months pregnant again and I don't have numbness yet. Hmmm. I wonder why it happens.

yes, i think it is because your stomach is stretched out so much.

1 / 3