8 Month Old Is Constipated What Can I Give Here

Caqn I get information on what to give an 8 month old who is have some constipation

Hi. Something to think about is dairy can cause severe constipation in some people. I have 6 children, one of which could not tolerate cows milk until he was past preschool age. He is 15 now and can eat dairy, however; he doesn't like milk. Hmmmmm

My oldest had lots of problems with that as a baby. I always gave her pear juice to keep her regular and if she still had a problem than I would have to resort to glycerin suppositories. The best brand is Fleet and they have them for infants. The pear juice usually worked and tastes better then prune juice.

Prunes are great for constipation. You can buy them in baby food jars. A good rule of thumb is any fruit with a "p" in the name-apples, peaches, pears, prunes are all good for constipation. Bananas are good for diarreah.

How about the little baby food jars of prunes (maybe mix it with some applesauce if it doesn't taste too good. Also, our pediatrician said apple juice (not watered down) works as well.

Dark Karo Syrup. 3 tsp. to every 3 oz. of formula. We are still giving it to our daughter and she will be 7 months on Tuesday.

my son got constipated all the time i would just give him karo syrup...the dark one, it worked great!! just put about a tablespoon mixed with her formula.

Have you tried a little prune juice (in the baby food section) and they do sell prunes in baby food jars.

In the baby section they have small bottles of prune juice or apple/prune juice. Put just a little in her bottle or baby food and that will clear her right up!!!

All great suggestions but on another note to prevent further constipation if the child is formula fed you should try switching formulas. Constipation can have to do with food sensitivities. Try a non dairy formula. Look for a baby probiotic supplement which can be helpful for constipation especially important for infants who have been on antibiotics.
Blessings!

Lay him on his back and move his feet like he is on a bicycle, that helps too.

1 / 3