8 Month Old Doesnt like Taking a Bath Anymore

Hello,

My 8 month old son used to love bathtime!! He doesn't fit into his baby tub anymore so we had to move him into the regular tub. He hates it! I tried putting down a non slip suction cup cover on our tub (but our tub has a built in so called non slip in the tub so the sucktion cups will not stiick!!) I'm not sure what to do. The whole time he goes from sitting to standing to crawling and crying and tries to pull me into the tub! I dont know what to do.
Does anyone have an idea of something I could put in the tub to make it not so slippy? Also any idea of how to help him over come his recent tub fear?

Thanks

When my girls were little there were little seats that stuck to the bottom of the tub. They didn't slip around and I could bathe them. They could also sit and splash without slipping and dunking themselves.

Hi, there's a GREAT inflatable tub called "Snug-Tub" that fits into your bathtub and has a drain and everything. The super-sized one will fit a child up to 20-24 months or so. It's soft, padded, and super easy. Check it out on google or amazon.com. I think mine was around $20. Otherwise, try taking him into the shower with you, maybe he'll like the change. Hope that helps! :-)

I bathed my daughter in the kitchen sink when she outgrew the baby tub. I then moved her to the big bath tub when she outgrew the kitchen sink.

Hi! One Step Ahead has a great inflatable 'tub' that fits inside a regular tub. It's nice and stable and cushy, which might help your son feel more comfortable. One thing I used to do was put a towel in the bottom of the tub, and climb on in with my baby girl. The towel will want to float up, but it does give you more traction. I also second the idea of toys. We always had 'special' ones that were just for bath time. Good luck!

This too shall pass. It's a stage and he will outgrow it. In the meantime, what about getting in the tub with him or try a shower. When our kids went through this we just started taking showers with them.

When that happen with my daughter I start taking showers with her. She really loved being hugged with the warm water massaging her back it almost put her to sleep. The problem was that it was a pain the butt when it was time to get out. I couldn't put her in the shower floor so I could dry my self and then her so i would just get out and put a towel around her and run naked to the bedroom and start getting her dress (yes I was still naked) and putting her creams and all that I would just freeze.
So now I just give her showers in the kitchen sink and she is more happy because she even can watch tv from the kitchen, lol.
A couple weeks ago she actually start playing with the water so I think is time for her to go back to the tub, but now it is me the one that doesn't want, remember that pain in the back while on your knees? It is so much easer and painless to give her showers in the sink.
PS: We did try the infalble tubs that are bigger than the baby tub, and I think it was a great idea... but she was too scare of it (mine was a duck).

I fouind what I called a bath tub cradle - at Walmart - it's just a mesh/cloth reclining bath thingy - that the baby can lie back on while you bath him and wash his hair. I used it with my 2 year old until she was about 18 months and am now using it with my one year old. I began putting her in the big bathtub at 3 months because I could lie her on this cradle thing and she did just fine. You have to stay there with him of course because there is nothing to hold them on it - but it's very comfortable for them and makes hair washing so much easier as well. Seems like it was around $10 or $12 dollars or so. You will find it near the baby tubs section.

My daughter loved baths, and then started refusing to take them at 11 months. It didn't last too long, and it did help to teach me that "this too shall pass." I ended up getting in the tub myself, then seeing if she wanted to come in,which she did. After a couple of nights that way, we just went back to putting her in the tub and she was fine.

1 / 3