:) When I read this I had to laugh!
My now 21-month-old also refused to hold his bottle. He had no problems putting anything else in his mouth though. :P
I'm sorry, but I'm afraid I don't know how to help you here. But I wanted to let you know that things will change when he stars using a cup.
I never quite knew why my son refused to hold his bottle, but I did notice (a tad late) that the few times he tried holding it, I would walk away to do something else... and then boom! Bottle would be across the floor!
As for the finger food... I remember mine trying about 10% of the food and the other 90% would end up on the floor. I think that's pretty normal. I would suggest here to praise him when he does grab his own food. Show him yourself how to eat it without grabbing his hand (eat his food with him). Don't push it too hard though or it will become some hateful activity for him. Just go with it and have your broom or vacuum on stand-by.