7 Year Old with Developing Breasts?!

Hi Mommas! My daughter will be 8 years old in July and lately, I have been noticing that it looks like she is starting to develop breasts! Has anyone else experienced this with their daughters? It's a little scary that she is so young and she looks like she's starting to develop. At first I thought it may just be fat pockets but my Mom mentioned it yesterday and got me wondering. I don't recall getting boobs until I was 11 or 12!

My daughter is 14 and she started changing around 10 and begin her periods at 12.

Her dentist and pedi kept a watchful eye on her because she by 10 she had lost all the teeth she was supposed to lose AND already had her 12 yr molars. Her mouth is perfect and we were told that she might have early puberty because she started losing teeth at 4. Somehow that is related, I don't know how or why.

Also, my daughter is very active in athletics (cheer, black belt, etc) and the pedi said more active girls usually don't hit puberty too early.

She has some friends were were not as trim or active as she has been and they all started earlier. There is not an ounce of fat on my daughter....she maintains an excellent diet. I have one of those kids who do not like fast food, etc. She prefers fruits, veggies, salads, etc.

Good luck.. They grow up WAY too fast!

I agree with the other moms that talk about hormones in food. Hormones are given to milk cows in order to get them to produce more milk. It only sounds logical that they would be passed on in the milk and affect the consumer. We have friends that swear their son developed early because of this.
Also, a doctor once told me that the more fat you have in your body the more hormones you produce. So weight may effect the hormones in your system. He told me losing weight could help some female issues I was having.

Good luck.. They grow up WAY too fast!

You need to get her to the doctor. It could be early puberty. Not good. We are going through this with my 8 year old right now. As a matter of fact we just had a sonogram today to find out why this is going on. Her growth developement could be geoperdized.

M., I too have noticed this with my daughter who just turned 8 in April when I approached our ped he told me she was just a little chubby and would grow out of it and not to worry unless she started growing hair under arms and private area. So I've been keeping an eye on her and last week I noticed hair growing and so did she in her privates. So now I am so freaked out this little girl is in no way ready to handle dealing with menses and all the other fun things that go along puberty so I don't know what to do either it is so scary how fast kids are developing now. Good luck with your baby girl and I am so happy someone brought this subject up so thank you!.

I didn't get anything until closer to 11 or 12 either. However, I remember having a friend that came over one day to show me her new bra. She was only 7 or 8 at the time. She was certainly developing a bit faster than I.

This has been going on for a few generations now. My oldest (now 19)started showing early signs of puberty at age 8. At that time I did some research on it and found disturbing news. READ the labels of the products you use:soap,shampoo,lotions,ect. Our children are being exposed to hormones in many products that they use. These hormones are bringing on early puberty. They have not been able to prove it yet, but there is even some talk that the growth hormones used in our food could be partly to blame as well. This is why with our youngest (age 5), we are being much more selective about what we use and eat.

I know this can be extremely overwhelming. My daughter will be 6 this summer and I am dreading the day for her first bra lol.

But I had to get my first bra in 3rd grade! I was a 'B' by 4th (I got my first period the 1st week of school in 4th grade!) and was a 'C' cup by 5th grade.... and it just went on by after that. LOL

I remember other girls having to get bras too in 3rd, 4th and 5th grade. So I think it just depends, genetics etc...

I wouldn't be too worried.

HTH,

E.

M.,

Girls are developing soo much earlier than before that is for sure. However, based on her age, I'd say you are looking at Precocious Puberty. Check it out on google. My hubby is a nurse that's the only reason I've heard of it before. Might want to take her to the Pedi. No biggie, but there is definitely a care plan including talking to her about her body, etc that the doc can help with. Good luck!

1 / 3