7 Year Old Girl- Early Puberty?

My daughter is 7 and had some slight vaginal bleeding yesterday. I did some research but she has no other signs of early puberty? Any thoughts?

Thanks for all of your responses! I also think it was a torn hymen. I didn't think of that until I got that response. If it happens again, we will see her DR. She doesn't have any other unusual symptoms that make me think she has an infection or anything. She rides horses and is also very active and athletic. I am keeping a close eye on her and told her to make sure she tells me if it happens again. Thanks again.

She may have done something athletic to tear the covering (I don't remember the medical term) in her vagina. Some say that something as simple as horseback riding can tear it.

If your daughter is active she could have torn her hymen, when I was 8 I was a gymnast and had the same problem. I never did tell anyone but later on in life I realized what I had done. It was no big deal though.

How could she have torn her hymen? When I was about 11 I accidentally fell on a corner of a book or something and that happened. I have read that puberty is starting earlier nowadays, depending on when you started etc. It does not sound like it but I've also heard that more "overweight" girls start earlier too (does not sound like your daughter).

I would suggest that you talk with her doctor now instead of waiting. There could be several reasons for this. If it is from a torn hymen it would be best to make sure there is not bruising or any other problems

HI T., I would not worry too much but I would take her to the doctor to rule out a bladder infection.
As the others suggested, I have also heard if they banged into something very hard , that that could happen.
It doesn't hurt to check about the early puberty , although I doubt it. Do as the others say though and keep her off the hormone free milk. Do not buy the milk at Walmart, it has that hormone in it.
Good luck and keep the lines of communication open with your daugher. B.

Hello T.,

is she drinking organic milk (less hormones). if she's on soy milk, I'd swicht to rice milk. google and talk to her ped. My girl will be six soon. I cannot even think about early puberty! also check into using organic chicken and beef.

It doesn't sound like early puberty. I would take her to the pediatrician or to your OB/Gyn to be checked out.

Hi T.--I agree this is probably not puberty. SHe could have a kidney or bladder infection to where the blood is actually in her urine rather than vaginal bleeding. I would sure call the doctor ASAP! Hope she is ok!! :)

I would take her to the Dr. Could be a bladder infection.
E.

1 / 3