7 Year Old Girl Birthday Party Ideas

My daughter is turning 7 in a few weeks and has decided to have an all girl party here at our house. I'm trying to come up with a fun "theme" for her party where all the girls would have a good time. My daughter is both girlie girl and tough girl...she loves to dress up and play with pretend make up and stuff but also loves to play outdoors and get dirty. I'm not super creative and am having a hard time coming up with something.

Any good ideas for a party for that age of girls???

Thanks for any suggestions, I appreciate it!

Thank you everyone for the great suggestions! My daughter likes the idea of a spa party, so that's what we're going to do...plus I'm taking some of the other ideas as well to have a mix of things! Great ideas everyone and thanks again!

You could do a baking party where the girls get to roll out and top their own pizza and then frost their own cupcake. A rolling pin and chef-like hat can be had for a small price on the internet and be the take home gifts for the guests.

http://www.growingcooks.com/basicpizzaparty.html, here is one website for pizza party kits, but there are others, as well.

Have fun!

Hi T.,

When my daughter turned 7 she had an "It's my party and I'll spa if I want too" party. I had 3 stations set up at my house. One was a mani/pedi...I hired 2 teens to paint nails and toes and had the girls massage each others hands and feet. Another station was facials...they all wore a mask with cucumbers on their eyes. Then I did a make your own lotion, body glitter and lip gloss station. The make your own was the take home gift. I had grapes, pretzels, m&m's and spa juice for the girls to eat. They loved it! You can order all the spa stuff you need from a place called Birthday Boutique. www.birthdayboutique.com. They have other party themes listed as well. Good luck and have fun!

Hello T.,

One of the things I did at my daughter's party was a scavenger hunt and the girls LOVED it. I wrote out clues on one card and that took them to another card. Since they are seven, they can probably read fairly well, however, you may need to help them. Have each card have one of the girls names on it, so they all get a chance to read and figure out the next clue. The end of the scavenger hunt led their goodie bag.

Here were a couple of my clues.

Tweet Tweet time for a bath - answer birdbath.

Nice and warm, cozy up, but don't touch I'll burn. - Fireplace.

Walking up and down, up and down, up and down. - Stairs

Lots of food for you, but I'm not cold - Pantry.

I have long branches that touch the ground. - Willow tree

Ding Dong! - Front door

Have fun - stay smiling - even if you are about to scream.

Super Girl tea party - buy some craft felt make some easy capes using glue on velcro. Glue on the girls initials. It would be one of a kind. Here is an online tutorial.

http://pukingpastilles.com/?p=57

I would say if the weather is nice, play a few "tomboy" type games outside - soccer, catch, tag, whatever. Then follow up with big tubs of sudsy water to wash hands and feet and they can paint each other's finger and toe nails while sipping Hawaiian beverages. My daughter is 7 and she and her 6 year old friend just painted each other's toenails (or was it their own? . . .) last weekend and they did fine.

I have done many birthday party's. I made my own pinata's for years with balloons, newspaper, & flour & water. It is fun to do it with the kids! You always have to have a craft to start out with. With your daughter I would do something girly like have them decorate a crown or I've done little wooden boxes. Something they can put stickers or glue plastic gems or something on! I always do pizza for the lunch and then have a game like charades or I've done treasure hunts. My daughter recently went to a "who killed barbie" party that they each were people like off of the game clue on their invite, Mrs. green, Mr.s white. then they had to figure out through clues in each room who had done it. Now for my son he gets to invite 2 or 3 friends each year and he goes to movie with them at the theatre and comes home and has cake, that one is easy....Not much planning.
S. W mother of 3 (14,12,& 7).

Have fun!

A "dress-up" themed party would be fun in addition to the tea party. Ask all the girls to come to the party already in their finest dress-up clothes, shoes, hats, etc.

You can do fun things like paint their toes (buy the rapid dry spray - so worth it).

Depending on how many kids you'll have and how much time, something that is always a big hit is to let the kids make their own mini pizzas. Use english muffins for the crust but let them add their own sauce and toppings. Always a super big hit.

Have fun!

buy some cheap princess clothes and play princess escapees

1 / 3