7 Months Pregnant. How Can I Sleep!?!

I am 7 months pregnant and am having a lot of trouble sleeping. I still go to work in the morning so it is very important i get at least 5 hours of sleep. I told my doctor about my insomnia but all he ever says is "It's Normal". Does any one have any advice? I tried sleeping with pillows tucked under my belly and between my legs, but nothing seems to work with me. I am very exhausted!

Thanks a lot for all the responses i received! I am rtying all of them and last night after taking a tylenol PM and a warm glass of milk i went to sleep!!!! Im so happy! thanks again!

I always slept in a recliner. It really helped with my back. You might try some Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime Herbal Tea too. It's yummy, especially with a little honey in it. Good luck!

xo,

AJ

Sometimes it helps to sleep upright in a recliner. I did that with my son. It works sometimes. My doctor advised using Tylenol PM. Just one pill. Good luck. K.

I became very uncomfortable in bed and couldn't sleep there, so I spent the last few months of pregnancy sleeping propped up with lots of pillows on the couch. I covered up in my "Dream Blanket" and slept all night long. Yes, I missed my hubby, but the sleep was much more valuable. Get some sleep while you can!!

Have you tried soft music or a soothing sound. My son needs the sound of water flowing to go to sleep to relax him and he is 12 years old. I bought him this little water fountian what-not. It is about the size of a shoe box. He is ADHD and suffered from insomnia also. He was having a horrible time getting up for school. This has made a big difference for him. You can also try doing a very calmnm activity before bed such as a short bath, reading a book, crossword puzzles, or word search. Good luck.

M. C.

It happens to the best of us hun:) I spent most of my nights in the later months of pregnancy in the lazy boy. It really helped me sleep more peacefully. Sometimes even the couch brought more comfort to me than the bed. Goodluck to you:)~ T.

Why are you not sleeping...is it that you are uncomfortalbe...or anxious about the soon arrival...or work....or what? Have you tried reading or doing something relaxing before you went to bed

A relaxing therapeutic massage might do the trick. It will relax your muscles and calm your mind which is undoubtedly filled with a lot of things that "need to get done" before baby arrives. I'm a licensed massage therapist here in Jacksonville, experienced in pregancy massage, I'd love to give you more info if you're interested.

I think is our body's way of getting us ready for sleeples nights lol ... But both times i was prego my dr gave me a low dose of benadryl

Hi Sweetie, yes, unfortunately when you get this far along it does get harder and it's harder to get comfortable and snuggle with your husband. About the last two months of my pregnancy I slept with a pyramid of pillows under me that kept me inclined. It really helped. I also drank Mylanta because the indigestion got pretty intense at the end too. But try to be as calm and relaxed as you can, you'll need your strength after the baby is born. It is an exhausting time and then as much as you want to sleep, you'll not get much time for that. take care!

Drink milk before going to bed. There is something in milk that helps you sleep.

1 / 3