10 answers

7 Month Old Tylenol Dosing

I misunderstood the dosing directions given by my doctor and accidentally gave my baby more Tylenol than needed for his fever because I gave an actual dropper and a half instead of the .08 and .04 that they meant when they said a dropper and a half. I am feeling very guilty for overdosing my baby for a day and a half and am wondering if this could have any long term effects on him. Has anyone else ever done this type of thing and could this have hurt him?

What can I do next?

So What Happened?™

The advice and support really made me feel so much better about my accidental overdose. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to help me with my concern!

Featured Answers

K. - I once gave my 2 month old a .08 dropper of CHILDRENS (not infant) Pediacare before it was linked to infant deaths. She's a happy, healthy and perfectly normal 5-year-old. Definitely call the doctor and talk to them, but I don't think Tylenol will cause any issues. Good luck!

More Answers

I think we all have accidentally over dosed our kids at one time or another. I know I have & my daughter is fine. I misread the prescription bottle at 2:00 am I gave her a teaspoon instead of a 1/4 teaspoon of course I felt guilty but she was fine. Don't worry your little gut will be fine.

If you are ever worried, call posion control. I have had to do the same as I was given misleading instructions from my son's doctor on the dosage for motrin and gave him twice the amount. They said no harm done as long as it doesn't happen often. A one time thing isn't going to hurt them.

Honey we've all done it it, if he's fine now, he'll be fine in the long run. ;-)
Don't let your guilt get to you, it's okay! If anything he probably slept a little longer, but it's fine.

I would call the doctor immediately just to be safe. I am sure that as long as you are watching hiom he should be fine, but with all the stuff about ODing babies, call the doctor just to be sure... ASAP...

Not only have I done that and she was fine, but she also got into my blood pressure med (1) and my Lithium (2) one day and hospital gave her some charcoal and few hours later we were home. Months later and she is still fine :) No worries hun...you would know in your heart if something was wrong. Ex gave my son 2 sinus pills instead of Tylenol and he slept for a few hours longer than I was happy with but he was fine too. Hope this helps ease the guilt.

You should always talk to your doctor if you overdose a child accidently. But after that, you shouldn't worry. I did it too with one of my babies. They're now healthy teens.

K. - I once gave my 2 month old a .08 dropper of CHILDRENS (not infant) Pediacare before it was linked to infant deaths. She's a happy, healthy and perfectly normal 5-year-old. Definitely call the doctor and talk to them, but I don't think Tylenol will cause any issues. Good luck!

Hi K.. I do not think that I would panic. I would however call the dr's office and speak to someone about it. It is an easy thing to do, and that is why you hear so much about overdose in babies. Again, I would call the dr and talk to the nurse about it, but as long as he is waking up and eating and acting normal otherwise I think he will be ok (granted I am not a dr but I have done the same thing in the past).

1 / 3
Required Fields

Our records show that we already have a Mamapedia or Mamasource account created for you under the email address you entered.

Please enter your Mamapedia or Mamasource password to continue signing in.

Required Fields

, you’re almost done...

Since this is the first time you are logging in to Mamapedia with Facebook Connect, please provide the following information so you can participate in the Mamapedia community.

As a member, you’ll receive optional email newsletters and community updates sent to you from Mamapedia, and your email address will never be shared with third parties.

By clicking "Continue to Mamapedia", I agree to the Mamapedia Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy.